Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
CA
I am 46 next month. I am waiting for a SSI court hearinng 15 months out. But I want to attend grad school slowely too. I am sure I need multiple other diagnosis. That contribute to med. Intolerances too. I have had so much degenerative disc disease and neck pain I fear being unable to cope with sudden prolonged pain on any potential job. It is a catch 22; employers should know my limits so they can gage if I could do a job at all but if I even tell them during hiring process I wont get hired. Illegal hiring practices or exclusions based on health appear rampant anyway. I have Bern chronically homeless for 7 years. Now I have a homeless bf too.He doesn't understand Mg pain issues and anxiety. I feel very alone often.

Hey there Creative, your not so alone now. What type of work did you do before you got to this point? What subject do you want to take in grad school? Sometimes you can find a spot that pays money but won't make your condition worse. You might check out community centers, movie theaters, pumping gas, non-profit , libraries, office cleaning jobs, or online work. Depending on where you live it is getting your foot in the door and doing a good job, there by getting a good reference toward a better job.

Some places would be hard for you with your back and neck problems, but sometimes with disabilities there are openings that other people might over look. You said your homeless, are there any low income housing buildings in your area? I am just throwing out a few ideas for you and I know others on the forum will try to help as well. When things are looking depressing it is often hard to figure out a plan of action.

Please let us know how your doing and if nothing else we can provide words of encouragement and friendship, to help you through these lonely times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back