Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Saw the rheumatologist today and she confirmed what my PCP had diagnosed which is fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. She did an extensive exam including blood work and x-rays of my neck and shoulders. She recommended some changes in medication and perhaps some aqua therapy. I am looking forward to doing the aqua therapy because I feel it would go along way towards soothing the tension in my neck, shoulders, and arms. She also recommended that I see a pulmonary doctor to address my sleep apnea. I have a hard time wearing the mask throughout the night. Apparently I pull it off in my sleep.

I feel like all I do now is go from one doctor to the next. I know what the problem is but there doesn't appear to be a "cure" for it. I guess it is just one of things that you have to learn to deal with in life.

Thanks for listening. Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

You are right, you learn what works for you; probably a combo of things, and it takes lots of research. the posts here give you a good start. I'm glad you can go for water therapy. You'll have to tell us how it's working for you. I do not live near enough to town to do it for myself. but with supplements and a few meds my life is much more livable. I'm always reading though to see if there are new developments.

hello again, im glad you are going to the water therapy. let us know if it helps you.

now you have seen all the doctors and have the diagnosis. Yes there are no cures for what you have. you have come to terms with that .
That a great big step in the right direction.

now you need to review your treatment plan and see if it is helping you. try different things and see if they help or hurt.

you now know meds and supplements are all you can do.

make good choices on what meds you take and what foods you put in your body.

try to stay calm as much as you can. calm = less pain.

have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back