Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I am at my wit's end. I don't know where to turn anymore. I am feeling so depressed all of the time. My doctor has tried me on at least 6 different depression medications, Cymbalta, Effexor, Fetzima and so on and so forth. None of them seem to work. I get more and more depressed by the day. The doctor says "be patient it takes awhile for the medication to work". But it never does seem to work. So on to the next drug. Be patient, no luck, so on to the next drug. In the meantime I am going crazy. I snap at everybody, I cry all the time. I am not suicidal but I don't want to live anymore. That doesn't even make sense to me let alone anyone else. I just want to be left alone with my pain and sadness but I know I won't get any better that way. I want to see a psychiatrist but apparently there are none in my area who will take me as a patient. Believe me, I checked. It's either I'm not taking any new patients or I only do children and teens or I don't take your insurance. I live near a town of 117,000 people and can't find one person who will help me. I just want some peace. I have fibro, chronic fatigue syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea, degenerative disc disorder, pinched nerves in my neck and back and I just had a total shoulder replacement. I am 60 years old and can not for see another 20 years of living like this. Anyone out there have any thoughts on what could help me? Thanks for listening.

Kristen...Your comments reminds me of my ma. My heart goes out to you.

I really want to be there for you. I will leave it up to you. *Hugs*

Krista, have you tried looking for a psychiatric nurse practitioner? I couldn't get an appointment with a shrink either, but found the NP to be available. If you feel like suicide is an option, please call 911. I've been there, don't give up. You can also call your local mental health or suicide prevention hotlines for support. You sound very depressed. Seeing a counselor would be a good idea and he/she might be able to help with the psychiatrist. Take care. Hope you're feeling better soon. Hugs.

Dearest Krista you have done so so well to get through that shoulder replacement...it must have been a huge strain with all your other health conditions to worry about flaring too.

It seems crazy that you don't have access to a psychiatrist in 2016....its so different in the US as here you do have to wait for an appointment via our national health care service and that might be a long wait of a few months but if you are in crisis then they have to see you quickly.

What about at the local hospital do they not have a mental health team for people who are not coping and need help.

I am guessing if this was possible you would have done that.....Loftpats idea is good or what about a councellor that deals with chronic pain and depression. I know this all costs money and might not be affordable.

I do understand your feelings as i am in the same boat since my fibro progressed in the last 18 months and other health issues and personal problems have turned my life and me upside down.

Its so hard when you cant use the things other people take for granted like being pain free and just getting up healthy and with plans for the day that keep you motivated....i feel for you.

Please don't give up hope. i am thinking of you. Take Care x

The interesting thing to know Krista is that the greatest answer lies with you. And it is willpower and positive mindset. Depression has been known to cause fibromyalgia and then FM worsens it. It is a vicious cycle. You can try alternative medication like Magnesium and Vitamin D supplements. In addition perform deep massage on the aching tissues with hot compresses. A hot shower before going to sleep is beneficial.

The interesting thing to know Krista is that the greatest answer lies with you. And it is willpower and positive mindset. Depression has been known to cause fibromyalgia and then FM worsens it. It is a vicious cycle. You can try alternative medication like Magnesium and Vitamin D supplements. In addition perform deep massage on the aching tissues with hot compresses. A hot shower before going to sleep is beneficial. You can even research on where to acquire a comfort U pillow to reduce your neck pain. Cut out caffeinated beverages, dairy and generally eat fruits and vegetables. Take heart, determine to emerge stronger from the situation. Each day is a learning experience. Record your actions to note the pain triggers of your FM. Wishing you quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back