Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
MI
Hello to all the fabulous fibro forum friends out there. Newbie here, just joined today, diagnosed July 2016. Thanks for all of the wonderful info posted here. I will go through and read as much as I can. Of course, with my brain fog, i won't remember it tomorrow :smile: oh well, guess I'll have to read it again.

Best to you all,

Brainfog (aka Pam)

welcome Pam.....glad you have found us....you are very newly diagnosed how are you coping?

Hope you find the forum helpful....you can get to know people quite well over time and share so many thoughts and experiences that can help you feel accepted and understood.

Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you willow, thank you for responding. I don't think I'm coping very well. Though only newly diagnosed, been in pain for more than 10 years; but its getting worse. Get some relief with neurontin and flexeril (for sleep), but they make me so dizzy I am afraid to drive most days. Am also nauseous and throwing up. have had a migraine daily since Sept. 19. went back to GP, who naturally referred me to the neurologist. first appt. for neuro was December. sigh...

certainly no acceptance anywhere else in my world for fibro. be nice to find it somewhere...

Take care :)

Hi Pam,
I have dealt with chronic migraine off and on over the years. There are some preventative medications for it, but I could not tolerate the ones that worked. Finally my neurologist suggested I try butterbur (an herb). He said it works about 50% of the time. Luckily, it worked for me and now I only have occasional migraine,

Hopefully your doctors can find something to help with those headaches. Fibro is bad enough without a migraine on top of it!

I too get migraine and face pain more or less all the time...Dk gives good advice and I for one will try the butterbur. All these add on symptoms on top f fibro are so challenging. Good luck at your appointment only another 4 weeks!

Hi Pam,
I have dealt with chronic migraine off and on over the years. There are some preventative medications for it, but I could not tolerate the ones that worked. Finally my neurologist suggested I try butterbur (an herb). He said it works about 50% of the time. Luckily, it worked for me and now I only have occasional migraine,

Hopefully your doctors can find something to help with those headaches. Fibro is bad enough without a migraine on top of it!

Thank you for the reply DK, I will check out butterbur and see what I can find. Sorry its taken me so long to get back here. I feel silly but, my fibro fog kicked in high gear the last 2 weeks; i couldn't remember the name of this website...:D. Have to laugh or I'll cry. Anyway, I bookmarked it now and hopefully I'll be able to find you all again.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back