Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
MI
i meet all the requirments but the tender points. The dr has on my report chronic fatigue but I just took the test on here and scored low on that and high on fibro. I had a medtsop dr say I have fibro and Ive said I had fibro for years. Ive also been diagnosed with central pain syndrome, but the pain is more widespread. I dont have enough of the fatigue and other problems often seen with Chronic fatigue. So which diagnosis is right is any ones guess. I see a pain clinic in June. Third one. Been in pain since my thiirties Im fifty four now. I know that they dont always use the tender points test now, but Im wondering if treatment would be any different. I just weaned off gabapentin and started Lyrica for the second time. I also take Robaxin, but its not covered by my insurance and hasnt been much help. My drs seem reluctant to diagnose me with fibro. I dont think they believe in it at that office. My sister has firbro also.

About those so called trigger points.

I have had a Dr. press on them and I have felt no reaction and the Dr. has said I "can't have fibromyalgia" because I don't react.
Then on a different day, a different Dr. or just a person presses on them and I go through the roof with pain.

So, how useful is the "trigger point" test? I find it questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back