Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day To You all.

In answer to your question we think it is "Yes." Sometimes she is very pleasent and other times I want to pull my hair out. Today we went for bloodwork. I had to park the car and told her to get out and tell me if I was in the spot right and wait for me. She climbs out of the car and says it is slippery and icy. So I said, get back in and I will find somwhere's else to park.

But no, she climbs over a snowbank instead of walking over a bit to a driveway and takes off walking down the street. So I had to pull out as I thought I might be blocking that driveway and hurry down the street to park. Then hurry up the street to hold her arm to keep her from falling.

We got the bloodwork done and started back to the car with her complaining about how slippery it was and I said because your boots have no traction. Then the you know what hit the fan and I got blamed for everything she could think of, and I findly had to say "Stop it," drather loudly and she was mad the whole way home.

Got her home and things had calmed down a bit so I ask if she wanted me to make her a pot of coffee. She said there is no place to plug it in, and I suggested the top of her washer as there was a electric plug there. (she had used one on the stove before and stove bit the dust.) Well her face looked nasty and got very red, and I was in trouble for telling her what to do. I said mama, I don't need to make it, just suggesting a safe place to put the pot. No, I was telling her what to do and I was moving her stuff around and on and on she went, so I said I am going home. I put on my coat and left. Two hours later I called her to see if she was okay, and she was sweet as pie and glad I had called her. Maybe I am the crazy one. lol

Anyways, I took time to make some homemade spagetti sauce and had spagetti for supper. I am getting my writing done so I can watch a movie tonight and relax. So even thou half my day was a mess, the rest is going to be fun and quiet and nice.

I will admit to all of you that all this stress has got me worried that I am going to have a relapes in my fibro, and I don't want that to happen. I prayed and prayed, when I got home for the strength and wisdom to deal with this and to say the right words and do the best I can with God's help. For I know I can not do this alone.

Thanks for listening, as I write this all down and share it with all of you. Hope you all had a good day today, and have another one tomarrow!

Good Day To You All

I don't want you all to think I am just complaining about my mom, I love her very much and this illness that is stealing her ability to remember and think properly is really hard on us. We just want our mom back and it's not going to happen.

Otherwise today was a nice day. I did baking this morning and then shared some with mom. It was nice when I walked up the street, but colder when I returned because I had forgotten to wear my wool sweater under my coat.

Stopped in and visited with a older couple who are very sharp minded and fun to talk with. They have been through the journey of memory-loss with a relative and can understand how it feels, how it hurts.

Been watching movies to relax and make me laugh which is a good thing to do when times are tough. Anyways, here I am rambling on again telling you in my writing about my crazy days. Thanks for listening. What's happening with you twiztc? Are you reading this Indianagirl? Come on join in and tell me about your day.

Yep I skipped over yesterday. I wasn't feeling very positive and just too damn wore out to bother. That's not good eh .
I know you love and value your mum. It's just another of those nasty conditions that has a big impact on her life and everyone around her.
When you have your own troubles it's doubly hard.
I remember when my mum got really bad with this Fibro. She was hit hard mentally after just losing her dad to cancer as well.
Half the time she couldnt remember us and she spent most of the rest of the time asleep.
When she was awake she talked mostly about ways of death and the least messy ways to go about it.
That time was so tough. A change of meds and we got our mum back.
Bloody he'll you got me babbling away again.

Good Day To You All.

twiztc, Maybe we ott to babble a lot more than we do. lol

I have been trying to think of something really wonderful to write about that would be so thrilling that you could not stop reading it. Like telling you about some great movie or about a good book I have read that you might enjoy.

But my mind is thinking about making a chocolate milkshake. Now I know that is not really exciting news and your thinking is that all this woman has to offer us, a chocolate milkshake?

Maybe if I tell you the ingredients I am going to use. First off put vanilla flavored almond milk in the blender. add some vanilla low-fat ice cream, and chocolate syrup to taste and blend it until it is mixed and thick.

That my friends is going to be my snack tonight when all my writing is done.

It is not real healthy, but everyone needs a treat now and then. Right now I am in the tea time and pub area drinking black coffee.

It is about 8:00, according to my clock and that means I still have time to cruise the forum and read your posts and see what is new in fibro country.

I hope all is well with you and thank you have good days and sleep-filled nights and I will be here tommarrow, hopefully. Till then so long for now.

P.S. Anyone of you who read this are welcome to make comments about your day or just stop in to say hello.

Yeh pipe up peeps.. don't let us two keep taking over.

I pretty much gave up milk but I love chocolate milkshake. Mmmmmm and it is bloody healthy full of much needed vitimins and minerals.
It was such a glorious day today. Still a bit cold but the sun was shining wonderfully.
I'm feeling a bit better in the belly department still not up to my usual appetite levels but I'm sure it won't hurt, I'm too fat anyway.
Very little excitement ensued today. At work I literally ran out of stuff to do. Just as well I've got the day off tomorrow so something can pile up a bit.
I plan to get some swimming in tomorrow before my doctors visit. I thing it's gonna be quite an emotional event as I have plenty to tell him.
I better make a list so I don't forget. I'll soon be off to bed after I finish the episode of Fringe.... oooo twin fight going on. This is getting exciting.
Have pleasant dreams and peaceful sleeps. Goodnight

Good Day To You All!

And today was a good day. I was lazy all day long. Watched a few movies and ate some cookies and now I have to go get myself some supper. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and removed all my recycling from my house and took a nap.

Course my nap was short because it lasted just long enough before my head hit the keyboard.
I awoke with a startled oops and realized I better get a cup of coffee to wake me up, before it happened again. lol

Right now our weather is getting colder and it was spitting snow. I walked down to my compost pile and the snow was crunchy do to the rain and then freezing weather. I saw deer and rabbit tracks near the woods. The air was fresh but a sharp cold wind was blowing. I thought it best to come back inside where it was warmer.

My fibro has not been to bad these last few days. I have found that wearing thermal underware under my jeans keeps my legs warmer and gives my muscles extra support. In the summer one could wear leggings or tights, that help give leg support.

So how was your day? Would you like to share and post here? Well I am waiting. Any questions are welcome too. So what are you waiting for jump in and share.

Till tomarrow, bye, bye!

Yesterday wasn't so good again. I had to miss my swim session which I was really pissed about. Got up to see my pain guy and finally got my pain meds back again. He was appauled that I couldn't get them in his absence and assures me he will put something into place so it never happens again. As for all of my problems this winter, he wants to see me next week to see if I'm feeling better after being back on my usual dosage and if I still have some trouble we'll discuss then.
As for today, this morning was a bit shaky but as the day went on I was feeling ok. It was above freezing here with some flurries. My brain had a hard time with this input. It just felt too warm to be witnessing the white flaky stuff. Very odd. A little after 3pm the sun came out and it felt amazing. I slipped out of work for a sneaky smoke and just bathed in it's glory. It lifted me like nothing else could.
I even managed to eat some dinner too.

I'm just gonna veg out with hubby watching our shows on Netflix (I think hubby is about to start snoring any moment ) and eat cookies
blessings to you all

Good Day To You All!

twiztc,
I am sorry to hear part of your day was so bad, but glad you got to see your doctor. What kind of work do you do? Where do you go swimming is it a YMCA or club? Hope to hear that today was a bit better than yesterday. Take care of your self my fibro-friend.

Today is a perfect day. I have the whole day to do what I want and so I am making a homemade soup.

You know, the kind where you rid out the refrigerator, first some celery stocks, sliced up in chunks, then some carrots peeled and cut in chunks, then I had dried onion, dried garlic, salt to taste, 1 can organic canned mixed vegetables and 1 can organic stewed tomatoes, 1/4 cup barley, 1/4 cup of leftover peas, and 1/4 cup wild rice. You can add bouillon cubes for more flavor and 1/2 cup of macroni if desired.

How much you add depends on the size of your pot. lol

I let it cook in my crockpot all day long. Yum! You can always add anything to a soup. I can hardly wait till supper time.

Also made a banana bread pudding. Sort of invented it as I could not find my simple bread pudding recipe.

Anyways, it's easy to make. Just cut or break into chunks some rolls or bread. Spray non-stick oil in a baking dish. Add half of the chunks of bread. In another bowl mix together 2 cups of milk and 2 eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 mashed bananas, 1/4 raisins, a sprinkle of nutmeg and a sprinkle of salt. Using a ladle spooon half the mixture over the bread chunks and add a pat of butter, then add the rest of the bread and ladle rest of mixture over top of the bread and sprinkle with cimmamon.

Set oven at 350 degrees. Bake it for 45-55 minutes until done. It will puff up in the oven, but settles down as it cools.

And it is Yummy! I figured I better eat some so I could tell you how good it turned out. Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.

Gosh, I guess I shared the whole meal. I love cooking and inventing new recipies. Do you have any favorite things or recipes to share? I am waiting to hear from you. See you all later.

What a glorious day!
Dunno if it's just coincidence or the sun but in just a little over 24hrs of being back on my full contingent of meds I was definitely feeling more human today.
Sweeds I got to my local community centre and have been pretty much since I moved here nearly two years ago. Got to know a great group of ladies and it's my ice a week treat that I look forward to so much. As for work I now do an office job. The bottom rung on the ladder if you like, filing and some customer service but nothing too important. Less stress that way.
I'm not much of a cook though I do make some tasty creations just to not go hungry. I made a rather tasty shake last night.
Individual pot of cottage cheese (probiotic )
two individual pots of raspberry yoghurt
half cup sunrype raspberry juice
quarter cup pineapple juice
blitz the living daylights out of it. That's does two servings for me and it was flipping yummy.
I think I'll get some raspberry ripple ice-cream and make it really decadent.
Maybe I'll make a chocolate version but that one's gonna be a lot more calories.

Good Day To You all!

Well, I must confess you made me very hungry for your smoothie recipe. I will be trying that one. Glad to hear your feeling a bit better.

Today was another beautiful sunshining day. The temps came up and the snow melted a bit. I played on my computer for the better part of the day just checking out links and following more links. It is amazing the interesting stuff that you can find out about when searching on the web.

This afternoon I took some homemade soup to mom and we had supper together. It was a nice day to relax and watch some tv with her. I will be with her again tomarrow and hope the day goes well.

This is one spot in the forum to let your hair down, and just relax. Find something that cheers a person up and start talking about it. We have to fight against letting the fibro rule our lives, for the more it takes over the more of ourselves is lost in the struggle.

I am trying to plan a garden. I want to put flowers and bushes in my yard. Do you grow flowers of house plants? I like the ones that draw lots of butterflies and honeybees. I like bushes that produce edible fruit.

There I go rambling off again. Trying to think of things that make the hobbies we do eaiser to handle. I don't want to spend all my days in the house dreaming about things I used to do, do you?

Again all are welcome to comment and open a line of communacation here... Till next time...bye!

I'm glad you and your mum had a pleasant day together.
Even though I still have a load of snow piled all around my thoughts have too turned to thoughts of gardening. I'm starting to get restless and itching to make a start on seed preparation.
When I was living back in England my prep started in February so since moving here I become impatient to get going.
I want to grow a lot more smelly flowers this year. I don't like these non smelling varieties that have been bred now. Flowers are supposed to smell people!
I have decided not to have my whinge fests in this forum. It is a place where I want to discuss nice things. There is the moaning place for that.
We went to my brother in law farm as hubby needed to do some I. T stuff for him. It was another gorgeous day and the sun was getting on with the meltdown.
Their place is amazing. Rolling fields with beautiful views of the Niagara escarpment. I love to walk around there, it reminds me of home at my folks place so many miles away across the atlantic. We we're there longer than expected and as the sun got lower in the sky I started to feel very cold again. It was early evening by the time we got home.
There were things I needed to do but my legs were aching from all the walking so I just did the couple things I really had to do then put my feet up and chilled out to a stargate fest.

Goodnight my Fibro friends

Twiztc, I like your little statement "What do you mean, don't press that button? It reminds me of two things, one is the Staples store "Easy Button," where in a instant things get done. Wouldn't we all love to have one of those. Or trying to tell my mom which button not to push on the tv remote.

Had another good day today. The weather warmed up to 53 degrees and the sun was shining all day. I spent the whole day working on my extra best computer. This Spring, I had problems with it and had to wipe the drive and start again. Had a friend working on it to reload windows and get it updated. Only thing is Dell computers can be a bear, when trying to reload because there are always main drivers missing, from the orginal install disks.

It is kind of like getting a toy that has too many parts or all but two of the most needed parts.

Anyways, I got it back with Windows with Service Pack 2, on it, as he could not get it to update. I tried all day and finally out of pure frustration put windows XP, service pack 3, in search engine. It took me right to the download page and in no time I had it loaded, then updated 120 items. Whew!

That took all day to do and then I had to unplug it and rehook up this one so I could come here and talk with all of you. I hope you all had a great day and I will write more tomarrow. Till then, bye. :)

I still had belly ache this morning. Damn. Then about an hour later found out why. That woman's time again but two weeks early. I'm at that funny age in a woman's life even though I'm only 45 this year. The approach of menopause with hot flushes and funny cycles. It's bad enough for most women but add in a dodgy thyroid and Fibro and you have a lovely mix. Is probably why I've had such a bad week.
Aside from that it's been a pretty good day.
My dear fluffy has been back around. I'd been worried about her as I hadn't seen her all week. I hardly recognised her, she seemed so scrawny and had gone all shy and timid with me again. I figure perhaps she has had babies hence her absence and weight loss. There has been the big hawk around a lot too that may have made her skittish. It was nice to see her safe though. I made sure she had a good supply of peanuts to fatten her up again.
It was a glorious warm day. We ran a couple errands and then I gave my mum a call. It's mothers day back in England and I fancied a good old natter with her and Dad. I miss them so much.
Because of it being such a nice day hubby asked if I'd go for a walk with him. My legs had been aching but I figured I really needed the exercise. I'm glad I did it was just beautiful out. We have a very nice park just a little way down the road. One way comes around to our closest supermarket car park and it has a coffee shop there too so I paused there for a pee and a cuppa tea then I was all set to amble back home. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I shall be away to my bed soon so good night all and hope you all had pleasant days too.

Good Day To You All!

I feel you for on that monthly thing. It is enough to drive a woman straight to bed. Lucky for me I am long past that stage being close to 60 years old, Whew! I still can not believe it. My brain still thinks I am 30 years old. lol

Sounds like you had a nice walk and chance for a cup of tea. How long have you been away from England? I bet you really miss your family. I was away in FL and I really missed my family and friends. so I know how hard it can be.

I did a goof today, and it really scared me. I didn't know it the time had changed. Day Light savings Time. So I was an hour late to the school to pick up my nephew. He walked home, but no one was there so he went on to another relatives house. In the mean time I am searching for him all over and finally found his house and his dad and him. I felt so dumb and scared something had happened to him. I am still a bit shaky over it.

Anyways, all is well, but not having tv or the newspaper I don't get the local news. If it was online I missed it cause I was typing here. some good excuse right. lol

Hope you all had a good day and look forward to having a few more folks jump in and tell us something from your day. Bye for now!

Yep that clock changing thing is a bugger. Back in the UK it's easy to remember. Last weekend of March for spring and the last in October for autumn. I've been over this side of the water since 2007 an it seems like it's different every year. Do the governing time keeper people just pick dates out of a hat or something?

Sorry to hear you got a fright out of it Sweeds but all is well so try not to worry about it.
My day was uneventful. It's been raining all day and my poor old bones don't much like it. I got bits swelling up all over. Bit painful but it hasn't dampened my mood like it can sometimes. I want this rain to wash away all the piles of dirty snow and ice before the next batch hits.
So now I'm tucked up in bed hoping to sleep well enough that I don't feel like a zombie at work tomorrow.
Goodnight blessings my freinds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back