Status
Not open for further replies.
Sula, Good of you to share another wonderful sounding yummy meal. You are lucky we all don't live closer to your house. I think we would all show up for dinner, of course that would make the eating out experience even better cause it seems with all of our great senses of humor we would all be having a goodtime. lol
Twiztc, Did you finish your crocheted skirt. What colors did you use? I used to have patterns for those a long time ago. But I don't have the patience nor hand strength to make one. Good luck with it.
ACHY, How good of you to join us. There is nothing wrong with staying in pj's, I wish I could do that for just one day. Hope your pain eases and you feel better tomarrow. Please join in here again. :)

I stayed home today. It was a good day for it cause it rained all day long. I got my laundry done and watched a Clint Eastwood movie, a western, and thought boy was he good looking in younger days. I cleaned house a bit, and had a friend stop in for a visit. And although, we talked of many things my brain fog was thick and I thought afterward, I hope I did and said more than complain. She is one of my best friends and burdening her with my problems would be really dumb of me to do. I think I said some word that is not truely bad, but close and it was another brain fog moment I wish I could erase. Oh well lets hope tomarrow is much better than today. Bye For Now! :)

Wow it was cold here today. Temps dropped 40 degrees last night. Tonight there is a chance of a freeze. My thermostat is so confused. One day I run the air conditioner, the next day the heat. Cool and brisk tonight. I haven't done anything all week. And not because of pain as much as I just have a case of the BLAHS. Hate it when that happens. Need to get up and at it. My motivation is running on empty.
I think I'm really going to enjoy this forum. It's easy to use. So far (and I've only been a member for maybe 48 hours), but it doesn't seem too cliquish or exclusionary. Y'all seem to be running a classy joint!

ACHY,
Glad your enjoying the forum. We kind of like it too. lol Keep on posting.

Today mom and I did something different. The church I go to had a choir come in and sing to us. They had invited anyone to come but only a few people showed up. But the choir singing was beautiful. Mom was really glad she had gone to see them, even if it mean't getting up out of bed really early to get it to it.

It was really cold here too. We had a light frost this morning, and we hope that the apple trees buds didn't get frozen. It has been a good day to stay in once getting home, but of course I had to go get a few groceries. I hope to have more to write about here tomarrow. This cold weather makes me very sleepy and all I want to do is be lazy. See you later....

Nice day here today but that breeze still had a bit of a bite to it.
I still feel like I have an awful cold which makes me think it might be some kind of allergy perhaps. I mean.... a cold can't last three weeks can it ?
On the advice of my doctor I got one of those exercise ball things. I'm supposed to wriggle around on it for at least half hour a day to strengthen my core muscles and in turn improving my back. I'm not convinced it's going to work as everytime I have used it so far it's made my back hurt, but I will keep persevering.
It is my day off tomorrow and they have forcast a cool rainy day. Bummer. Oh well

Twiztc - are you "wriggling around on it" or do you have a specific set of exercises? Done right, a fit ball can be great for your back. Done wrong it can be horrid! Proper posture is key.

I have a DV called "Balance Ball Beginner's Workout" - it's got a 45 minute program, but it also has a "bonus" Daily Stretch for Health that is much shorter, and which at one point (when my fitball wasn't all smooshy) I found to be really great for my back.

ACHY - welcome aboard. We've been getting the wonky weather here, too. Up to the 90s, then down to the 'oops, should I have brought the plants in?' lows overnight, and now in the 70s again with plenty of wind lately.

1sweede - sounds like a great time.

I wore myself out with that fridge yesterday and I think I was in bed by 9pm. Kinda. Hubby gave me a nice foot, leg, and back rub - yay! Unfortunately I woke up at 1 am with my blood sugar starting to dip low and a bit of acid reflux. Ugh. I'm hoping to go back to bed. At least I got one of the rooms swiffer-dusted. Ugh, those things leave behind a light film of dust if you've got quite a bit. It seems like they're really only good for light dusting. Oh well, it's not visible and I'll get the remainder next time, i guess!

The old fridge left a trail of dirty water on the carpet on the way out and maintenance is going to come and spot-shampoo the carpet. I really love my apartment maintenance crew, they really go above and beyond.

SB, The Doc basically told me all I have to do is sit on the thing keeping my balance while watching TV, He made it sound like it was hard to just sit there and the ball would want to roll under you. while i was sat on it it just stayed still. Its funny, When i'm up and about on my legs i topple and totter all over the place but when sitting my balance is as solid as a rock! so i roll it around a bit myself remembering to do like they say and pull my belly button in towards my spine and holding those muscles. I do have a DVD but I just havent got round to looking at it yet. I really must.
you have a lovely hubby to give you a nice massage like that, i think mine has forgotten about me in that regard lol.
As for today its raining cats and dogs but i dont think its as cool as they said it was going to be, I went for my usual swim and met my ladies who still continue to crack me up. I was going to just go home and stay in but i had a couple of shopping errand to do along the way, i didnt get in the door till nearly 3PM! im having an "i'm not quite there day" all foggy and stupid so it seemed to take me much longer to remember what i was in the shop for. stupid fog brain made me forget my list. I wanted to switch my summer clothes and store my winter woolies but now i dont think i have the energy.
Im looking forward to having a nice good for me dinner today, i got myself supplied with loads of fresh fruit and veg and some nice chicken breast. I will be making a big pan of roasted garlic and sesame veg (mushroom, peppers, pearl onion, courgette aubergine) not quite sure what i will end up doing with the chicken yet, might just leave it chicken flavoured.
I hope you all had a wonderful day.

Glad to see so many of you have decided to hop over here and post. Sounds like between the nasty cold weather and out with the old and in with the new refrigerator/freezer, you all have been very busy. twiztc, glad you got out with the girls for a swim and a laughing party. Then to go shopping must have been fun. I have seen those balls for exercise but have never used one but heard they can help with back pain. Good luck, with it.

My day was filled with running errands and then grocery shopping for my mom. I really like shopping, but it is hard picking out food for someone else. Got fresh fruit and salad items. Canned goods and kitty food, so she is set for another few weeks. I am tired and as usual half asleep. I think when it is cold and dreary out it zaps our strength and is kind of depressing. I long for warm sunny days. Anyways, I am home again and writing this all down to bore you all. :)

Tomarrow is another day and I hope the rain leaves us and the sun is shining brightly with a nice blue sky. Yeah! Dream on, it will no doubt be raining tomarrow as well. But a girl can hope or dream, right? See you all here and soon......!

I really had to debate with myself if i should post tonight. I am new joined today I think finding this site may have been fate. I am having a really rotten day (well month and a half actually) but i am going to list the good things first today and then the crap and please don't think me whiny just having a REALLY SUPER BAD DAY.

I am in Alberta so we are just starting to get spring and most of the snow has melted it was sunny and a warm 15degrees celcius (about 55 degrees farenhiet i think) It's not even going to freeze tonight which is so awesome. My kids are all happy and healthy my hubby made it to work and back safe and father in law got back from visiting my sister in law for a month. Okay i am stretching for good stuff today.

My day started crappy and got progressively worse. I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm with a headache that has persisted and gotten worse all day. With 6 kids to get up for school it was hectic and noisy but i did get them all out the door on time. My brain is very foggy today and i keep losing track of what I am doing or thinking grr. My brother is on my mind a lot today it has been 42 days since anyone has seen or heard from him. I am still coughing up a lung from this darn cold i have had for 3 weeks now (coughs always last forever with me) Every cough is like driving a stake in my headache. Just having one of those all around blah days when you feel a bit weepy thankfully they don't happen often. Every part of my body hurts including my big toes and my teeth but not my tongue lol. That achy irritated skin to tight type of hurt. But I am perservering through the day just hanging in there. Just when i have had enough and decide a nap is in order the kids come home i forgot it was early dismissal today so much for nap time. Then my dad phoned and he is crying so hard I can't make out what he is saying I think it is news about my brother maybe and I get him to repeat himself. It takes a couple of tries but i can finally make out what he is saying and it floors me. My baby niece was born on good friday a cute little ball of sunshine to help us all get through the long days with Gary missing. She passed away this afternoon they think it was sids but will do an autopsy tomorrow. Now all i want to do is cry she was only 3 weeks old lives a couple of hours away and since I have been sick with a nasty cold I stayed away. I didn't even get to meet her. My heart is aching and yes stress is one of my fibro triggers so a day that was achy and not so great but i was tolerating just became a I am in so much pain i want to scream and guess what i have no pain killers at all. The pain is so bad right now I don't know what to do. I cant have a bath because it is too hard to get out of the tub, i don't think my legs would support me through a shower. I just want to scream Enough already. As if it isn't bad enough that my brother is missing now this too. Did i mention I also had a son that was stillborn 12 years ago next month and i guess that baby nevaeh dieing today is bringing that back a bit as well. Any ideas that would help with the pain that don't include pills or bath would be much appreciated as I am brain dead tonight and can't think. And thank you so much for listening sorry to be such a downer.

You know I love the quote at the close of the post above me by 1sweed. "let not your heart be troubled, much better days lie ahead for all of us." I hope that is true. It must be it can't get much worse. It could but not much.

I want to thank you all for taking time to share here and let us know how your day is going, whether it is good or bad, we are here in this together.
mystysch123, Hey there thanks for posting. I must say my heart goes out to you in your time of mourning. I am so sorry for your loss. Babies are so special and the loss of them is a terrible hardship. Dealing with this and having fibro, is going to be very hard. Try not to over-do during the next few days. Relax as much as possible. I used to use a heating pad for headaches or else cold washcloths laid on my forehead. Quiet time is needed, and prayer as well for the little one. My thoughts also are on your missing brother and how hard it is not knowing where he is, hopefully he will turn up soon and end your worries and fears for his safety. Sometimes are lives get so filled with sorrow and regret, that our minds shut down from to much stress, thus brain fog sets in. Try to think positive and with any luck things will look much brighter soon. I will keep you in my prayers that you make it through this time of sadness a much stronger person. It will be alright. :)

Today, my day started out not so great. I woke up with a sharp pain in my left eye. I used a lot of eye drops hoping it was just my dry eyes and not an infection. Well for a long time the eye drops did not work and so I called my eye doctor's office. Naturally he was out of town today, so my appointment is tomarrow afternoon. I took pain medication and kept drowning it in liquid tear eye drops and that helped a lot during this afternoon. Now it just gives a painful twinge once in a while. I will see how it is tomarrow and maybe save myself another bill that I can ill afford.

Then since I was tired sitting home I went to mom's and helped her set up her sewing machine. I wound a few bobbins of thread for her on my handy bobbin winder and helped do a few other things she needed done. So that took my mind off my pain for a while and enjoyed visiting with my mom. We went outside and planned the garden area and how to clean up the yard as well.

I came home and started baking. I made lemon bars and baked some frozen rolls, and made some cornmeal muffins. Tomarrow I am making a casserole with green peppers, brown rice, onion, sliced black olives, sliced mushrooms, topped with tomato sauce and cheese. It is really good.
So I will be sharing that stuff with mom as well.

Hope you all have a better day tomarrow and know that all care for each other on this forum and we are here if you need us. See you tomarrow! Bye for now. :)

Good day to all of you. My insomnia is acting up tonight, but I wanted to stop in and say HOWDY. Our river (Wabash River) is flooding and is not expected to actually crest until Sunday, so I am remaining prayerful for those in harm's way. I live very close to the river, but the levee near my home is concrete fortified. But because I am so close, I can look across the river and see Illinois - and it is really flooded over there. The farmers hate it because they can't get spring crops planted. My life is very good in comparison! Some pain, but had injection today, so I will be good within the next couple of days. Have a fabulous, tolerable day!

I have been keeping very busy lately. I have been helping to get things ready for my sons baby shower. Can you believe my sons girlfriend invited over 100 people to the shower?! Goodness, it has become the talk of our little town. I am helping to do the food so I chose food that you can make in bulk at a cheaper price. Like deviled eggs and large bags of frozen fruits for the salad. It has been so cold up here, no sign of spring yet as far as the temperature goes. It has really been causing me alot of pain in my joints. As we can no longer afford to keep the heat on in the house. We surpassed our winter heat budget. So I am definetly hoping it warms up soon. Things at my job wil hopefuly be picking up in a few weeks. Other than that all is well with my kids. And I am trying to keep a positive attitude.

ACHY, We will be praying that you don't get flooded. I think between getting flooded or fires, or those nasty tornado's, being in The mid- to SW USA, can be scary certain times of the year. I live up on top of a mountain so we won't flood, but the other two are always a danger to most. I hope everything works out well for you.
Libragirl, Here's hoping your doing okay and baby shower goes off without a hitch or headache. I will be thinking good thoughts and hoping you have a good day. :)

I missed posting for two nights because my mom was sick and so I had to tend to her. This time of the year is bad for sinsus problems and with the heat running older folks can get dehydrated in their homes because they keep the temp's higher and thus the air gets really dried out. But today she is much better and so now I have time to share.

The weather was beautiful yesterday, but today although the sun is shining there is a nip in the air that makes it a bit chilly. I hope the weather warms up in michigan soon so libragirl does not freeze. Here the spring flowers have been blooming and the grass is growing. Soon it will be time to start mowing the lawn again. But that means warm weather and no more snow, so that is a good thing.

See you around the forum, later.....Bye for now! :)

Hope you all had a good day.

I am so tired I can hardly get anything done. Caring for my mom has become a constant thing this week. She was ill over the weekend and now is still not back to her old self and so I am constantly with her helping with meals and meds, and just listening to her talk. I know that doing this is pushing me toward a flare that I can not afford the time or money it takes to get better. Rest and relaxing, are the two things I need the most but I sleep all night and wake up tired. I am a part of something I can not walk away from, and I am stuck running in circles trying to play catch up with myself. So in a way this is a private vent, but in another way it is a reminder to myself that I can not do this alone and need help from my friends and my family. I am thankful for the friends I have here who give me time away from my problems and make me smile many times in the course of reading your posts. I hope you will think of me and keep me in your prayers, as I do in thinking of you all.

Hope to be here to post tomarrow. Have a good evening and bye for now. :)

1sweed - if I remember right, your mother regularly attends church? Is there anyone from her church that can help?

SulaBlue,
No mom does not go to church. I am the one who has been trying to go, but no very good at it lately. But my friends from church are willing to pitch in and help soon as we get our plans in order. I need to do some major housecleaning before anyone else can help me at the house. It is just a tiring job to do, but that is what daughters do for their mom's. I saw my doctor and he gave me a sleeping pill to try. I hope it helps cause I am no good without a restful nights sleep.

Thanks for your comment though. I hope you had a very good day. So long for now...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back