Not open for further replies.

Calicocat

Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
TX
I am in the military. A couple years ago my fibro pain started in my shoulders, and gradually made its way through my entire body. After a year of dealing with every single doctor 100% sure I was faking everything to get out of PT, finally one diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Because I am apparently part of the "lucky" ones that is in pain 24/7/365, the military is doing a medical evaluation board. Which basically means they are deciding whether or not to keep me in. This board has been going on for a year and a half now. Not only do I have to deal with constant pain, flare ups every other week, and the condemnation from my coworkers because "i dont look sick" but I get to go home "whenever I want", I have the added stress of not knowing what the military is going to do or when they will do it. Supposedly once they have made their decision I will have approx 40 days before I am out.... and then... Don't know. I cant apply for a job until I am 120 days out from separation and I don't know when I am separating because of the med board. So basically that means I will have 40 days to find a job. I'm stressed out and panicking and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight! Lol I'm even crying as I type this out because I know that I will have to deal with this for the rest of my life. Oh and did I mention that ALL the pain meds they have tried don't work for me? I have been on all the meds designed for fibro, opdoids (don't think thats how you spell it), muscle relaxants, vicodin, morphine, and even gabapentin... Nothing works for me and I am so sick of the pain! I don't know what to do anymore, I almost lost it at work today. Luckily my supervisor let me take some leave... I need some prayer please, I feel like I am going out of my mind.

Calicocat,
First off I am so glad you found this forum. I can't imagine being in the military with Fibro, but being throw out because of it kind sucks too. I mean you picked it as a career move and now this. My heart goes out to you and your on my prayer list starting right now. I can't take the medications for fibro, mainly cause I am allergic to them, so I understand that frustration as well. But, I think the stress of all this is making your fibro worse and so I would say try to relax your muscles.

I know your thinking this woman has got to be nuts telling me to relax when I am under so much stress. Maybe I am a little, but there are things you can try and here are a few to get you started. Take a warm (not hot), bath with Epson Salts in the bath water before going to bed. Buy your self a fiber or feather bed pad that lays on top of your regular mattress. They come in twin-king sizes, pick what works for you. Fibro brings out the old princess and the pea story, remember she could feel the lump with a stack of mattesses. (pain). But the extra thick soft pad with let your muscles relax into softness and you will sleep better. Try bayer aspirn for pain or try ginger capsules, from health food store, both help stop inflamation. Read what others have done here for pain relief. Some say swimming helps or hot tubs, or light massages.

I know that keeping your legs warm mostly from the knee down is very important, like knee socks. And in bed lay a blanket over lower legs, prevents cramps. Wearing socks to bed helps stop cramps in your feet. Ask us questions and we will try our best to help.

If you get out what kind of job would you want? What are you doing now? Is a desk job available now, while your waiting?

Keep your chin up, it is going to work out for you, I have faith that it will. Best regards, 1sweed :)

Calicocat, I am so sorry for all you are going through. You are under so much stress, and I know it is not fair. The first thing I would say is to not worry about what anyone else thinks. Just because you do not have scars or a broken limb does not mean there is nothing wrong. This is an awesome site to be on. People here do understand, and we know what it feels like to be in this kind of pain. I will say prayers for you!

Praying for you Calicocat...sorry to hear about your pain and your situation. Please log on to this site daily and more often if needed. Support from like minded people is very helpful.
Once again...praying for you...

I will indeed pray for you and what to thank you for serving your country. I know the job thing will work out for you. I hope that you will be able to find a good way to help you deal with or manage the pain. I understand that you are going through a tough time but it will get better.

Im praying for you dude, you will get better soon, just keep praying for it, the god will be with you !

I will most certainly pray for you. I have been there, and it has taken about 10 years and 6 juicers and countless blenders for me to say "I'm Free of this Mess". I always tell people, please try to go vegan, please try food rotation diets. Please think about getting allergy shots in case you are allergic to molds, and please make sure your gut is healthy. Like I said, I have so much compassion for people. I had it, I beat it. But it was a nightmare.

I lost so many years, so many dreams. Laying in bed with CFS and wanting to take on the world, but not being able to get out of bed. I cannot stress the importance of allergy shots, as many people have problems with mold. That aggravates things quite a bit. Be well, and you have my prayers.

Calicocat, we haven't heard from you in awhile. How's it going?

My heart goes out to you. I also had a lot of trouble keeping jobs in aged care so I know how destressing it can be. I am so lucky to now be on dissability so I don't have the worry of how I am going to suport myself. I know stress only makes the pain worse so I hope you find peace soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back