Not open for further replies.

trish33

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
kansas
Hi, Im new to this forum. I was recently diagnosed with fibro due to chronic pain all over my body, horrible short term memory, forgetting what i was saying midsentence, ibs, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, ddd, fatigue, sensitivity to touch, depression and anxiety, Tingling hands that wake me due to the pain and falling asleep nonstop, foot pain that is excruciating, insomnia, and many more. The worst thing for me is the foot pain. The bottoms of my feet burn and ache all day every day but especially when I stand. I would love to prop my feet up24/7. :-( I can barely walk due to pain. I quit my job and am staying home.I feel like a disabled person now. Anyone else have foot pain as chief complaint and can barely walk? I dont see how anyone could exercise because the more i move, the worse it is. I wear cushioned slippers almost all the time now because I cant handle anything else. I also dont understand how people have flare ups because my body pain and foot pain has been horrible for eight months straight now with not one good day. I'm afraid that this will last this way forever without good days. I am taking oxycontin, oxycodone for break thru, gabapentin, effexor, vitamin d(found out i had a deficiency), just started antitripolene to help sleep and I think that is it.. Any advice would be helpful. I would like to know that this foot pain is normal for fibro?

I get flairs of foot pain where it hurts so badly I have to crawl out of bed or use the wall for support. It is the worst in the morning then the pain level decreases (or my pain meds kick in).
I find through out the day different parts of my legs and feet hurt more then others. For example in the morning my ankles spike, the middle of the day its my leg muscles and at night my toe joints are the worst. I have noticed that my pain levels are increasing so it makes me wonder what I'm going to do for work in my future

I have had times when my foot pain was really bad. There are different reasons for foot pain and one is called planter fascitis, which is inflamation in the muscles in bottom of feet. There is a special boot you can get to wear at night that pulls your toes upward and stretches out these muscles and cures the problem. If you have a bed with a footboard you can press your foot flat against it and this can help stop the pain. The boot works best, but if the pain is bad go to your foot doctor for pain medication injections.
I was limping everywhere until I got a boot and better shoes that provide support for the sides of your feet that sandels and flip flops do not provide. Good Luck in your getting better and having pain free feet. :)

Thanks, mine isn't worst first thing in the morning like typical plantar fasciitus.it stays the same horrible pain all day. I had to stop working which I'm only 26 so I'm worried about spending my next sixty years feeling this way. I may try the boot anyways. What can it hurt at this point? Bottom of my feet turn red as well. Thanks for the input.

I had to jump in here and say I have the same horrible pain, more so in my left foot. I got x-rays a few months ago to see if I was developing arthritis, and it was found that I have heel spurs. Have you looked into that by chance?

Just a note planter fascitus is not just pain in the morning. Once your foot or both feet are affected it is constant pain. The more you walk on it the worse it gets. The boot helps a lot, as well as, riding more than walking. It is not life threating but it can stop you from doing the things you need to get done. Getting a doctor to check it out might be a good start since you had to stop working because of it. Hope you get it checked and start enjoying life again. :)

Have you considered ruling out diabetic neuropathy? I am fortunate....foot pain is only from ankle to toe on tops.

Thanks everyone, I will check into these things. I will try the boot just In case. I had an emg done last week and ruled out neuropathy. Had xrays done by rheumatologist and she said it looked fine but not sure if she would have checked for heel spurs.

My feet burn most all the time, and if I accidentally bump a toe, I am about ready to scream from the pain, they are so tender. The bottom of my feet feel like the muscles have contracted, and it doesn't hurt, but really feels strange.
The only thing that I have found that seems to help, is a really unusual remedy, and I discovered it by accident. It is my Gazelle. I can't walk much anymore, and can't bend my knees, so walking or riding a bike for exercise is out of the question. I found one of the Gazelles on Craigslist for $20, and bought it to see if it would work for me, and it does. I can hold on with my hands, so I don't lose my balance and fall off, and I don't have to bend my knees or lift up my feet, like you would in walking. I only use it a bit at a time, because I run out of air, but I found that when I do it, it stops the foot pain.
My best guess, is that it somehow helps increase the circulation to my feet, and that gets rid of the burning and the contracted feeling. I don't do it enough, because it is outside on the porch, but when I do use it, it really helps all my aches, more than just the feet.

That is so weird lol but I'll try about anything at this point. Thanks for the input;)

My feet burn most all the time, and if I accidentally bump a toe, I am about ready to scream from the pain, they are so tender. The bottom of my feet feel like the muscles have contracted, and it doesn't hurt, but really feels strange.
The only thing that I have found that seems to help, is a really unusual remedy, and I discovered it by accident. It is my Gazelle. I can't walk much anymore, and can't bend my knees, so walking or riding a bike for exercise is out of the question. I found one of the Gazelles on Craigslist for $20, and bought it to see if it would work for me, and it does. I can hold on with my hands, so I don't lose my balance and fall off, and I don't have to bend my knees or lift up my feet, like you would in walking. I only use it a bit at a time, because I run out of air, but I found that when I do it, it stops the foot pain.
My best guess, is that it somehow helps increase the circulation to my feet, and that gets rid of the burning and the contracted feeling. I don't do it enough, because it is outside on the porch, but when I do use it, it really helps all my aches, more than just the feet.

Water therapy is awsome... get a dr note to take water therapy and it will help. Water has no resistance against the body ..so you can do about anything in the water and no pain... it will help relief some pain if even for a day... but do this atleast 2 times a week... Insurance will pay ...well most willl

Sorry to hear about your constant pain....I too have burning feet but it is mostly at night and keeps me from getting to sleep. I do think mine is neuropathy, however (non-diabetic). The bottoms of both feet burn badly and the tops get shooting/stabbing pains that come and go. I also have sciatica so maybe that is the underlying cause of mine....lost my health insurance 2 years ago and was denied SSDI so I just do my own research online to try and figure out what is causing what with me....the doctor's I saw for the first four years w/FM were not much help. I am learning how to rely on The Greatest Physician, the Lord.....now. Hope you get relief soon.....

My feet get awful also, although I have severe DDD and spinal stenosis on top of Fibro , I have a hard time telling what the pain is from, but holy hell it's bad somedays

What did your doctor say? Maybe there's something more serious or maybe he has some advices and options for you. Water therapy seems like a good idea.

I really, really hate the foot pain and the fire-like sensation, it makes my head hurt and I feel very irritated and in a bad mood,(I cry soem times). It use to be much worse until a herbalist told me to add cayenne pepper to my diet. I exercise every early morning, but on the stationary bike so it does not worsen my foot pain. I still get pain after a work and have to lay and put up my feet higher than my head to get some relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back