Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
CA
Does anybody have really bad, large trigger points on their backs. I barely found them as the source of my pain and Ive been trying to massage them !

I don't have any on my back...yet. Just my upper glutes, shoulders and the sides of my thighs. If you can get ahold of a tens unit, I have gotten some relief by using that. I got mine from my chiroprator's office.

Hope you find some relief.

doesnt that hurt you? as the nerves run all over the body the points can be any where.
hjope you get some relief soon.

It depends on where I put it and how strong I make it. I put it near the pain and only turn it up until I feel the vibration. If I put it up too strong it does hurt. Like most things I have tried they help initially and then don't continue to work.

the nerve pain never goes away. just dulls a little.

Try using a tennis ball to give yourself a massage if you can't reach the spots. Put it between your back and the wall and let the ball roll around the spot by slowly moving your body. You can use a little pressure or a lot depending on what you can tolerate. I used to do this before I got fibro for tender muscles or muscle knots and I still do it for fibro. You can also put two together in a sock to cover a larger area. I also use the tennis ball to massage my feet.

Lofpat, I have tried that and it hurts too much. It's hard to get relief when it's really acting up. I give myself gentle massages on my calves, but when I try to sooth the pain in my arms, shoulders and the side of my legs, I seem to only make it worse. I have to remind myself to leave those areas alone and sometimes the pain backs off to just uncomfortable.

Thanks everybody for the advice, I just been rubbing my back trigger points with finger :D

keep trying some other things. dont give up. you can reduce your pain levels.

Hi...I have fibro, lupus, and oseoarthritis. So there are many days when I am in pain. When the pain is more than I care to endure, I take a shower as warm as I can stand it, then apply fibro body frosting pain cream over the entire area(s). In about 30 minutes the pain is under control. I have also used the tens unit, mainly before I go walking or out shopping. It is a day to day struggle, but somedays, I win!

greatcatz, it's important to win a few isn't it. I'm glad you are able to get some relief now and again. What is the cream you referred to? And where do you get it?

Hi...RuralChick....The name of the cream is fibro body frosting cream. I purchased it online. Just search its name. Hope you have a good day!

Thnx for the suggestion greatcatz! Yeah maybe I should perhaps try to win more haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back