MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
I'm having some real neurological problems. It first started sometime ago with me taking a nap with my daughter and waking up to my knees being numb. Then it was my knees being numb, and my left thigh numb. This is in addition to my normal aches and pains. Last night, I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep. My left side of my lower back, down my hip, down the left side of my thigh, down my knee, down my calf into my feet, the bottom of the foot, and my toes were aching. I couldn't go to sleep, and I couldn't get comfortable.

Thankfully, it doesn't hurt today...but holy cow! I'm going to see a Doctor on Friday anyway, so I'll discuss it then. I called my dad because he has fibro and arthritis too, but he said he's never had that. Just venting..it doesn't help that I got my period this morning, which causes more inflammation. That might have something to do with it, but still not normal. I expect some flaring and discomfort during or around my period, but nothing like this.

My knees still hurt, though. I'm just so aggravated and tired. :(

So sorry to hear you're having problems like that. I don't know how to help you, but wish I could. I've had weird things, too. Maybe it's the weather? I don't know. My thumb had a pain run through it and I couldn't even move it. It hurt like someone slicing it open with a knife and then putting electricity through it. I've had a lot of stinging all over on and just under the skin, too. Feels like snake bites kind of. Glad it doesn't hurt today and hopefully you can get a good nights sleep tonight. Take a nap if you can.

Thought I'd check in to see how the doctor's appointment went yesterday. I certainly have my good and bad days; however, this seems like an extreme amount of new pain to occur all at once. I hope that you got some answers or the doctor order some tests. :)

Thought I'd check in to see how the doctor's appointment went yesterday. I certainly have my good and bad days; however, this seems like an extreme amount of new pain to occur all at once. I hope that you got some answers or the doctor order some tests. :)

*Sigh*

Well, I had to cancel because I had no one to help me with my kid (she's two). My mother couldn't get here in time, and my fiance was afraid to take off work. He's afraid they'll be mad at him if he takes off to help me or our daughter, which I think is ridiculous of him to think that. I can't bring her in there, she is crazy hyper. I'd be running after her the whole time.

So, I'm going to have to reschedule. This will be the 2nd time I've had to cancel a doctor's appointment in two months. Luckily, my mother said she would watch her, but I'm going to have to drive her over there, which is 30 minutes away. I could have her come over here, but she isn't very mobile, and she can't get over the baby gates. I also need fasting blood work done, so I'm going to have to not eat for several hours during the day to get the blood work. Getting in there at 9 a.m. with my daughter doesn't seem feasible.

I'm not going to lie, I'm more than a little annoyed. I think I really need to get in there, but I'm not getting the support I need to do it. I appreciate you asking, though :p. It's nice to know that people do care. I feel like I'm not being taken seriously right now, and they should know better. We've been down this road before, and there was something wrong.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your appointment :( Your pain sounds like a really tough one. It seems women with fibro have the worst part! I can relate to the way you feel, I'm also not getting enough support from my family and boyfriend :( I guess we just have to live with it! I try not to take it too personal, because if I do I'd end up feeling way worse. I hope you can find answers to your new aches soon. Best of luck! :)

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your appointment :( Your pain sounds like a really tough one. It seems women with fibro have the worst part! I can relate to the way you feel, I'm also not getting enough support from my family and boyfriend :( I guess we just have to live with it! I try not to take it too personal, because if I do I'd end up feeling way worse. I hope you can find answers to your new aches soon. Best of luck! :)

Thank you for that! I'm sure it isn't that they don't believe me as much as what they see and what I say conflict. It's the old "she looks okay, so she must be okay" sort of thing.

Maybe I can get in within the next few weeks. I'm not setting it up though if I'm not 100% sure that I can get in. I'm not going to keep setting things up to only be cancelled.

Yeah, ugh. A lot people assume I'm ok because I ''look'' ok! If wish they stopped to assume things! But oh well, people will never change :p I guess we must learn to deal with that, no matter how hard it is :( I hope everything goes well for you :) Next week I'll have to go to 3 different doctors... wooot! LOL, not my fav time of the year!

I hope you can get a new appointment soon, it must be so frustrating and also worrying. Maybe you could make the appointment when your mum or fiancé is there so they can say if the time that is offered suits them or not? My mum makes my appointments for me which I'm not happy about as I don't want her to go with me but so far it's always been easy finding a time that suits both of us.

MizzDeeDee even guys go through it. I have relatives who are great at that, I don't even waste my breath anymore. Total sympathy on having to take your girl to the dr.'s been there done that. Keep you chin up and focus on the good things. Best of wishes to you.

So sorry to hear you had to cancel your appointment. I know how tough it is getting help from family members who don't understand fibro. I hope you can work something out soon. Do you have any friends or neighbors, that you could trust to watch your little one? I also understand your not wanting to do all that extra running around and driving. Some days I hate the thought of driving and get really irrated when I have to repeatedly do errands for other family members.

It is good that your mom is trying to be helpful and that your fiance is attempting some support. We all have days when we want to help, but life or work gets in the way or we feel intimidated by the boss. Jobs are hard to keep these days with all the changes in government and insurance, so I would try to understand his fear of upsetting the boss and possible job loss.

I hope things work out and you get to that doctor. Good Luck! Try to have a good day. :)

I hope that you'll soon be able to reschedule that doctor appointment... I see that you had to cancel. :-(

In the meantime, did the knee issue continue for you or resolve? I hope it was just a one-time thing and is better by now.

Just wanted to pop in and say I hope you are feeling better.

Hey, I just saw all these replies.. thanks guys! I have not got back in yet. To add insult to injury...our car broke down! It should be fixed this week, and then I'm going to try and set something up before Christmas.

I don't really have anyone that could watch her besides mom and my fiance. His parents are across the street, but they are always out doing something or watching/raising the other brother's kid, so it would be hard. His aunt lives behind us, and she would be pleased as punch to watch my daughter. She's just in her 70s, and my daughter is hyper. I don't know if I want to have her deal with that...I would feel bad. I know the one nephew is far less active than my daughter, and that wears her out.

I know I'll get there soon.. it's just SO frustrating.

Woah, it sounds like you're going tru a really tough time :( I sincerely hope things get much better soon! Life comes with a lot ups and downs and we all know it, but is so annyoing having to deal with them!

Thank you for that! I'm sure it isn't that they don't believe me as much as what they see and what I say conflict. It's the old "she looks okay, so she must be okay" sort of thing.

Maybe I can get in within the next few weeks. I'm not setting it up though if I'm not 100% sure that I can get in. I'm not going to keep setting things up to only be cancelled.
I hate that "she looks ok so she must be ok"! Looks can be deceiving! I read on Pinterest the top ten things NOT to say to a person with a chronic illness, and that was one of them! "Well, you look good!" Aaarrrgggg!
Sorry just a little rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back