DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
Does this happen to anyone else?

When I was in labor, the epidural given to me in the hospital meant to help with the pain of labor didn't seem to help at all...

Then, when they were giving me a spinal anesthetic so the doctor could perform a C-Section, it did not work...

The Surgeon was not pleased, and neither was the Anesthesiologist. Yet, after a test, they agreed I could indeed feel him cutting into my belly still, so they tried again to anesthetize me, to no avail so they had to put me under general anesthesia.

I've also tried to go to the Pain clinic and get an Epidural Block for my back pain, but that also did no work.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Substance P?

It would be interesting to see what someone a bit more senior to the illness thinks.

I am by no means an expert on this subject as I never had a epidural, but I do remember at one time in the distant past I slammed my leg in the car door and felt no pain and another time I slammed my hand and arm, and felt no pain. When I asked my doctor about it he said that he had no reason for why this could be.

I was wondering if referred pain could be a part of it, as they had given you spinal anesthetic at one place and yet you still felt pain. I will leave this question to others who might possibly know the answer to your question. :)

My experiences are by no means on par with yours, MEgersheim, but I can say that most dental anesthetics just do not work for me. I've had dentists down right refuse to believe that after three doses of their stuff I wasn't numb...until, that is, I jump halfway to the moon the moment they begin work near a nerve (which I'd have no conscious awareness of). There's only one type of anesthetic in particular that actually works for me, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

I have the feeling this isn't entirely too uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back