Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
OH
I have registered my new support group here but was wanting some more suggestions on how to get the word out to get new members. I posted it to my facebook page as well. Maybe i'm just inpatient.

I have registered my new support group here but was wanting some more suggestions on how to get the word out to get new members. I posted it to my facebook page as well. Maybe i'm just inpatient.

You mean a local group with gatherings and not 'Net group, right? If so, Facebook is good if you have a lot of local connections, yes. Most people know someone who can benefit from a support group like that.

Are there any free papers in your area? That's what I'd do first, I think... an ad would cost under $10 most likely and most of those papers are distributed widely.

Best of luck with your group, Crystal! :)

Crystal, I have been thinking of starting a support group. There is one in my area but it is quite a drive...an hour away. I would like to start one in my area....how do I go about doing it? I know there are quite a few people in my area who have fibromyalgia....some more severe than others but I believe there would be interest in my area. What do I do first?

I started on meetup.com and invited everyone I personally knew. It's kinda grown from there. I also added a page on facebook to get our name out there. I had a lot of help from friends and family.:lol:

I haven't gone to the papers yet but that's my next step. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back