Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
manitoba
I am 17 and I have had fibromyalgia for almost 4 years now, the pain was actually alot worst even a few months ago, right now i have been able to tolerate it, but I guess I've really let it get me down, I've been feeling lazy lately, what can I do to get myself in better spirits?

Also, I have some questions about some symptoms and id really appreciate it if anyone could reply if they could relate? Thank you! :)

Just last week my doctor diagnosed me with POTS ( Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) although I have had the symptoms for about ayear or two now, and but ive never heard of it. So I googled it and I understand that it is a type of dysautonomia, dose this mean tjat I have that as well? Because I also have been experiencing symptoms with my body temperature. Somtimes I will be dripping with sweat for no reason at all, or I will over heat and then all of the sudden be freezing with goose bumps or I will be freezing but sweating at the same time, also, I get very cold easy and very hot easy as well, I will ask my doctor about this, but im just wondering if anyone knows if that is what it is?
also, my lymph nodes have been feeling really sore, for about two years now(off and on, lasting for months), and my doctors say they are not swollen, because this has been happening for so long, I assume it is the fibromyalgia? Dose this happen to anyone else? Its almost a sharp pain in the lymph nodes in my neck and they seem to feel hard but my doctors say they are fine, im not worried, I am just wondering.

thank you so much for reading this! And thank you for replying! :)

I no for myself I can sweat one min and be cold the next. I think fibro does this to a lot of women apart from our hormones.
I don't no anything about POTS love so I can't say on that but as for goads yes I do get them up and down .your so young to have to horrid illnesses ,bless your heart .keep your chin up girl and don't let it stop u doing what u want in life .hugsxxxx

I do have a crazy heating and cooling system. Same as you. Can't get hot, can't get cold. Dripping wet, etc., etc. Crazy,huh? My husband gives me a bad time (teasingly).

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about POTS either so I'm sorry I can't lend any insight there.

One primary issue that arises with fibro is fatigue, and also common is depression. Don't let this get you down. Like Forgetmenot said, you are so young to have this horrid illness. Try and stay moving and active. It does help. I think I've gotten to a place where I'm trying to get back some of my activeness and it's hard. Just get a routine from the start. Talk with your physician about depression. Make sure to get a lot of rest. I wish you all the strength to keep the illness at bay for as long as you can. Just so you know.....Life can still be very fullfilling and enjoyable even with this illness. I'm happily married with goals, although they've had to be realigned with this illness. All in all, I really do love my life. It's what you make of it...Hang in there...Gentle hugs from me to you. :)

Thank you for your advice :) its good to know im not the only one with weird symptoms, thank you fir the encouragement :) <3

I am on Cymbalta. The Rheumatologist said it will make you feel hotter for awhile after you take it. I swing up and down temperature-wise too.

Same here run hot then cold. Have days where I just can't get comfortable. Good luck hon and please hang in there and visit us often. We get it...Mike.

I started Savella and it made me sweat gallons after the slightest exertion. Made my hairline break out with zits and my face was SO oily. I have been taking it for 3 months with no change so am tapering off and am going to try something new. With all the sweat it's like I can't do hardly ANYthing.

i have the same problem with Savella. It is hard for me to get through the day at work without drenching myself. I really don't really think it takes the pain away. my hips and back are always painful and other days add legs, arms, and wrist....

Have you considered going to a ear nose throat Dr?

I have beendiagmosed with Fibromyalgia and my internal thermostats is broken. I am hot one minute then cold the next. I usually have a low grade fever all the time. My lymph nodes in my neck are swollen and very painful all the time ...every minute of every day.
I was so badly depressed but got put on Floxatine(an antidepressant) and it helped tremendously with my depression and blues. I also follow Brendan Bouchard and watch motivational courses and read motivational quotes.

Remember, don't let your illness define you!:)

At my age my thermostat is wacked. hehe But I have lymph node pain so severe in my neck, groin & pits that I have dreams that they are the size of Eggs! My doc's never find anything enlarged either.

StLucy,
I am very sorry to hear about your pain. Despite my age I know exactly what it's like and that it can be incredibly annoying. What counts as a sunny side is that your doc never found anything enlarged and that is GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back