Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/1995
Country
US
State
Minnesota
Hi, I just joined today. I've been thinking about it for a long time. I was diagnosed back in 1995. I have a doctor that luckly figured it out right away and has been treating me for it. I also have a genetic liver disease that keeps me from taking a lot of normal things for pain like NSAID's. I am currently on Cymbalta, Lyrica, and I take Oxycodone on the really bad days. I don't like to take it so it has to be a REALLY bad day. I now also have Osteoarthritis which hasn't helped. I had a knee replacement last January and have had both thumbs redone due to lack of cartlidge. I also get Migrains and take Imitrex for those. I don't like to talk about my issues with my family, especially my children because they treat me differently. My youngest daughter had a baby last July and I told them I would babysit for them while they work. I told them that I would love to do it and that it would also save them money. They weren't going to let me because they didn't want it to interfere with my "Health Issues". This really hurt my feelings. I do get to babysit two days a week and I can tell you that when I'm with my little grandson it takes my mind off all of my problems, he's such a sweetie. I talk to my husband because he's been so very supportive and he doesn't think it's fare either so I just don't say anything to them about my issues anymore. My husband has been with me 39 years and he is my biggest blessing. He's been there for me through thick and thin and I thank God every day for him.

I live in Minnesota and we're going through a major cold spurt that is causing major pain right now but I'm dealing with it. The Summers are much easier to get through.

I thought it would be nice to have people going through the same thing I'm dealing with to talk to so I joined this group. :p

Looks like we are about the same age. I have a sister in MN but I'm in AZ. I've also been married 39years and my husband has been a real trooper through everything.

I babysit my grandkids very little but both my daughters are stay-at-home moms. I don't feel so badly now not babysitting the kiddies very much as it takes so much out of me. But like today, I got to spend time with them quite a bit.

I am recuperating from thumb surgery! The small bone just above the wrist was removed and a tendon knotted up and put in its place; like a bumper. Fascinating stuff.

I think I've been dealing with the FM for about 10 years now, right after my thyroid went supernova and I had to kill it off before it killed me. Everything went straight downhill at the same time and I've been dealing with the old bod ever since-one thing after another. I'm just beginning to get the major stuff worked out. Had 3 surgeries last year as there are some things I CAN do to decrease the pain load. I know I'll never be pain-free again but its nice to bring the levels down and be a bit more mobile.

Glad you chose to join us all here and hope you'll be back. Take care and enjoy the grandbaby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back