Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2006
Country
AU
State
Victoria
After having several tests to rule out anything "serious," I was officially diagnosed as having fibromyalgia in 2006. My initial symptom was weakness in the front of my thighs. I coincidentally was diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes, which I thought was interesting because I had wondered if the diabetes had anything to do with the fibromyalgia developing. A GP prescribed medication for the diabetes and told me that the diabetes was targeting my thighs and that after the med settles in, the weakness would go away. However, now, years later, my legs are much weaker and feel very heavy when I walk. I feel as though gravity is pulling me down, which is my main symptom. I do not have constant, on-going pain in any part of my body. I feel tired most days and especially after having done some activity such as grocery shopping. Holding on to the shopping cart helps to support me and keep me balanced. Another GP said that the meds I take probably is causing the off balance feeling. I have 2 friends who also have fibromyalgia and we all have different symptoms.

Welcome to the forums, Takuwan.

Fibro symptoms vary so much not only from one individual to the next, but also from one day to the next in the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back