Housework!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read all the posts. I work full time. My husband works part-time. I wish I had the support some of you do. I get the rolling of the eyes and that I am lazy. I hurt 24/7. It takes everything I have just to get out of bed in the mornings and work 8 hours a day. I get homes and try to cook. My weekends are trying to clean and do laundry. I do not get help or understanding. I feel hurt and loneliness. My husband is "old school". The woman does all the house work, laundry, shopping, etc etc. I have had depression since I was young and hurting all the time doesn't help. It takes me all weekend just to do the basic housework and laundry. Then I go back to work on Monday so tired. We can't afford to hire someone. I have lupus and back problems too. If you have a supporting spouse/partner...take the time to thank them.

I hear you all on housework! I have a supportive husband who is learning along with me what i can and cant do. I'm learning everyday with this illness. I do most of the housework with my husband doing the maintenance jobs around the place. I sometimes look around and am disgusted but I plod along and do bits and pieces when i can. Simple jobs like folding washing when doing too much leaves me in agony. I try to get a little done every day. Some days are a struggle though and i then it piles up. Comforting to hear other people who are in similar positions are coping the same way.

Hi
Last Christmas my husband bought me a roomba one of those robot vacumes. Bust thing he ever bought me! It works like a charm. I dust one room a day and have my husband carry the laundry from the bedroom to the laundry room. Get help with what ever you can. Buy frozen casserole so you can just add salad and fruit. Don't think about what you can't do - think about how can I do it with some help, some down time between portions of the job, make a schedule you can live with, and just plug away at it. Good luck

It's so hard isn't it when your loved ones don't want to understand. My OH is very old school to, if he don't talk about it then it's not there,I beilive its fear you no.havinf lupus on top of this must me horrid,I really do feel for you, and frankly if I had both like u Id have to say something to him and really prove a point,
Sending u big hugs xxxx

I love my stiffer duster and wet jet. Sure it is not the same as scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees but at this point, I'm just happy my floor is clean. I also use magic erasers more because it takes minimal pressure and my sinks and bathroom get clean. This is good for preventing pain in my hands. I read an article on fibromyalgia and it talked about the mindset of 'activity pacing'. Instead of cooking supper in the evening when I'm feeling horrible, I begin the process early in the morning. Opening a can here, rinsing a veggie there... this keeps me from getting overwhelmed. I'm a working progress. Yesterday was hard, today was better. Hang in there and take care:)

I have to do a little at a time. Like I may do the dishes, rest awhile, than do a load of laundry. Usually I have to push myself though because the aches in my legs and back is too much.

Hi Emily,
I'm not sure how much help I can be but I feel your pain! Literally. Lol. I'm a bit of an OCD person but as the days and months go by, I find it more and more difficult to get stuff done without excruciating pain. I do what I can and try to listen to my body. My hands feel like they are gonna fall off anytime I vacuum or do dishes! And my back is a whole different story! If I can't get things done some days I do get depressed but I try and tell myself it's not my fault. We didn't sign up for this! Asking for help might work for some but I'm a bit picky so I just try not to look at stuff that I still have to get done so my anxiety doesn't go through the roof! Do what you can when you can. Many blessings and softhugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back