Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2000
Country
US
State
VA
I have problems with swelling a lot but sometimes quite severe. I will swell in my feet, ankles, legs, hands and wrists. The swelling will get bad enough that I have stage 1 pitting. When i have this swelling I becomes so stiff i can barely walk. My fingers I will not be able to close into a fist or even bend them most of the way.

I have to use my hands with my work as a musician and am slowly loosing the ability to play as well as make fiber optic cables to work

ANYBODY find this to be crippling as I do?

I take tramadol, Liopic Acid, Neurontin, and tried everything to no avail.

What, if anything is helping those with this? I'm at my end's wits!

:confused:

I swell up in the same places, esp. after crocheting or anything else that takes lots of hand work--and in the legs, ankles, etc. when I have to stand a bit-doesn't take much.

I'm now on Savella and just had the dose raised. Also on Amitriptyline, (at night to sleep). Cymbalta was not a good match as I fell asleep any time I was still for a few minutes, and couldn't focus my mind on anything. I also take some supplements that help with mucscle--magnesium, krill oil ; and bromolane for inflamation , etc. I got to use a paraffin bath for my hand earlier this year after thumb surgery, boy is that great! I'm thinking of getting one for myself. The heat of the hot wax/oil mix was wonderful. Perhaps it would help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back