Housework!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do all house, yard work and cooking. My significant other will carry the laundry baskets for me and take trash out for me when needed. I finally broke down in tears one day over trying to get it all done. I found an inexpensive cleaning lady to come once a month. It makes laundry and yard much easier. And mantenence in between her cleaning is much easier. I use a swiffer for my floors and Dyson to vacuum everything from the floor to the cobwebs in the windows. Both work great. I also got a swiffer duster to just run over furniture. Since I don't have to do deep cleaning anymore maintenance is much easier. I break things up. Might dust one day sweep another. Nothing gets done all at once anymore.

I realize we are all in different financial and pain situations so what works for one person may not work for others. I rearranged our budget to make the cleaning lady work. Even if it ment giving up a few luxuries, it was worth it to me.

I do house work. I'm 18 years old and I cook, clean and and take care of the cats. My sisters have work and I don't have school. So I do all the housework because all of them are tired due from work.

I hear ya. My house doesn't get the attention it did just 6 months ago. I have really gone down hill fast. My husband tries to help but bless his heart he just had a hip replaement revision surgery and is having a full knee replacement next month. We have a 12 yr old too. I am still working but I told my boss that I was diagnosed with FMS and I warned her I would have good days and bad and I will take them as they come. My husband wants me to quit working but I want to hang in there for as long as I can do hense the housework gets done a little at a time.

Step1- fix yourself a breakfast that includes protein, eat on a sofa or soft chair, then rest for 10 to 15 minutes, get up, dispose of the paper plate and napkin, then have a chocolate covered almond (nuts are good for you) rest 10 minutes, take a hot bath or shower, get dressed (or not),rest 10 minutes, brush your teeth, comb your hair, watch a tv show and rest 10 minutes...have another chocolate! Up and at em...is it really lunch time...repeat above.
Steppin' up...Pull the covers up so the bed is made then put a cap of bleach in each toilet. and a load of clothes in the washer...now rest 15 minutes,
swirl the toilet brush in the toilet, spray the sink with cleaner and swab it out. The bathroom floor can wait until tomorrow. Order take out, put
your feet up and enjoy your evening, the rest can be done on Thursday.
Don't let it worry you one iota..for those with the $ get a housekeeper then the rest of us, rest!

Sometimes, you simply have to accept help when it is offered to you. If you don't have a family around you who can take on a bigger portion of the chores, then have you thought about hiring someone who can help? If you find that can cope with some things day to day, then you might find that it would help for you to have somebody come for an hour twice a week just to keep up to date with the things that you don't feel you can manage. It would be a huge weight from your shoulders, and might mean that you can spend the precious energy that you have doing something that you can enjoy instead of something that will simply tire you out far too much.

I have three kids,three dogs and have been battling fibro and lupus for many years although I was inky recently diagnosed .Things that help me:Decluttering, making the kids be responsible for their stuff and do chores to earn spending money; my irobot roomba love this guy, I have all dark hardwoods downstairs and he keeps them spotless and hair free; doing short burst of housework, I actually bought myself this sand timer that has one, three and five minute timers. If I am having a bad day I will tell myself "ok I can fold laundry for 5 minutes".... Etc it really works.

What I am working on right now is the grocery shopping and cooking. I have a hard time pushing a full grocery cart, it's really painful and draining. But buying just a few things also backfires because then I will have a really bad day and we will have nothing to eat. So I have been trYing to do a really big shopping trip with my husband or daughter, doesn't alwaYs happen but we are working on it. The other problem is that around 4 is my"crash" time the last thing I want to do is cook. I do get a second wind around seven though so sometimes we have a later dinner.... But not very
Good with a 7 year old.

I so appreciate all who come here to tell how they handle cleaning house, because it's so hard for me. It does help doing in small increments. I like the idea of setting some type of timer for a few minutes and trying to get something done during that time. Two summers ago, I was able to work a bit in my small flower garden. I was able to mow our yard using a riding mower. Now I don't have the energy for either. Don't have the money for help. I still feel blessed though. My nephew has been using my father's riding mower and mowing mine too. Around my flower bed is just weeds grown up now. If I don't get my porch painted this year it is going to not fair well during the winter. I was suppose to paint it last summer. If I am able I will use a long handle roller, and do the best I can. I am praying somehow I can get it done. I feel like each year I am worse now with fibro, lupus, and sjogren's. I am very thankful though that I am here to write this.

I am single and I tell you because I have chronic fatigue and am always tired it is always an uphill battle whether it be doing laundry or doing the dishes . Then of course personal hygiene, which to me is a chore in itself :)

I completely understand where everyone is coming from. I don't know how I manage to find time to clean, but I do. I have 3 small children, I have to keep the house clean because they get in to everything. I'm always running around, my body is exhausted but I have to keep my feet moving. I manage to sweep and mop at least two times a week. The dishes and cooking I do several times a day. By the end of the day, my kids are still full of energy and I'm too tired to take care of myself. In the morning, I dread getting up because everything happens all over again. I need some time off, but if I don't try my best to take care of my kids and household, no one else will. I think the hardest part of my day is not having energy to keep up with my kids. It makes me sad. I wish it was different and I didn't have so many problems, but it is what it is. I just have to keep moving, the momentum of doing everything fast and together usually gets most things done.

When I complained to the doctor about how difficult simple housework was, his response was, "DON'T DO IT". Are you serious? He said if it hurts your back more to clean the tub and make the bed, have someone else do it. Or better yet, "there are devices out there to help you". Like what? Can you imagine using the toilet scrubber to clean your tub? I tried at least. I say, let's all live at this doc's house AND NOT CLEAN IT, then we'll see how our families feel about dirt and grime. I can't even get him to prescribe my Lidocaine pain patch anymore.

Gypsyangel, sounds like you need to find a different doc. Or get his address and move in with him! Let him take care of it. What an insensitive boob! If you can't get him to provide you a Lidocaine patch, find one who will? I'm not sure what it's for, but can't imagine why he would be hesitant to prescribe it. I've gotten it in gel formula when I had a horrible, horrible sore throat. It just numbs you doesn't it? What's the big deal?.....He sounds almost cruel....

Use paper plates and plastic knives and spoons, hire a maid every other friday and also a weekly lawn mowing service. Go to bed at nine every night and quit drinking. Where your clothes more than once and cut down on the laundry. Take a one hour walk every day. Your life will change.

I think like you "gj872" I recommend you do the same. With these tips we can make things easier at home because we are always looking to do things easier and faster. I even take some of these tips, because I live alone and have to do the work of my home.

I can't get it all done in one day, too painful. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who helps a lot. He just had hop surgery so he can't do a lot at the moment but he does try.

lol, I meant hip surgery.......

When I complained to the doctor about how difficult simple housework was, his response was, "DON'T DO IT". Are you serious? He said if it hurts your back more to clean the tub and make the bed, have someone else do it. Or better yet, "there are devices out there to help you". Like what? Can you imagine using the toilet scrubber to clean your tub? I tried at least. I say, let's all live at this doc's house AND NOT CLEAN IT, then we'll see how our families feel about dirt and grime. I can't even get him to prescribe my Lidocaine pain patch anymore.

LOL, the doctors and their stupid answers, sometimes they give the most stupid and cynical answers ever, don't they? LOL. But seriously, not everyone can hire a maid to do their housework! Shame on him for not being helpful at all, at least trying to help you with your pain and just give you very stupid answers instead :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back