How do you describe your pain to others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherlite

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
I was just diagnosed and people are asking what it feels like. I've found myself stumped at times because I didn't know how to describe it. Now, I do. At it's worst, when it's all over, it's like the body aches that come with the flu, on turbo. It's sharper in some areas than others. It's not always the same. Earlier it was my whole midsection and I was in tears. That has subsided. Right now it's the top of my left hand.

I feel like people think I'm making it up with the way they look at me. It's real though. So very real.

What about you? How do you describe your pain? Do you ever have pain free days?

Hi I tell people it's like your muscles have been stabbed with a knife I don't know whether you get burning or not but I get buring lol down my spine it is hard to describe but Just tell people how it is

Hi, I say it is an all over body ache like I was harnessed to a semi and had to pull it down the interstate. That is just the general description but there is also the fatigue, muscle stiffness in the mornings and lovely brain fog which leads to the emotional mess of depression, anxiety and feelings of worthlessness along with the weight gain from inactivity and the mix of medications that I take to try to be normal.

Fibro is so fun...not! We still have a lot to live for so I just keep on living the best I can. There is a lot of support on this forum for you.

Thank you.

There are days when I feel that pain down my spine, it does feel like a burny-achy feeling. Whatever it is, it bites. But I am glad to know others can relate. I wish you all didn't have to though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back