Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
MA
I'm just curious as to how similar fibro and MS really are. I'm a hypochondriac, so I always think I've got the worst of something. But I often wonder, since this is new to me and I've only had one Dr.'s opinon, if my muscles are ACTUALLY getting weaker or if it's just a feeling.

Yes sometimes I feel really weak, I actually said that to my Rheumatologist and he said its just because I have alot of pain, That I am not weak The pain just makes me feel like I am weak.

I would say the one big difference is there are tests that can prove you have MS, but there is no test that proves you have fibro. The MRI's and CT scans come back normal, as well as, blood work. So fibro is by default, a possibility when all tests are normal. But I can see you trying to come up with the latter MS, when some symptoms are quite like MS. I have gone through periods where I was too weak to get out of bed and my balance was off resulting in falls. The brain fog and fatigue, coupled with other vague symptoms can mimic more serious diseases and worry us to no end. If you continue to follow up with a doctor who runs tests as needed, should there be another disease it will be found someday.

In the meantime, use this website and forum to learn all you can about this disorder and make new friends who will be supportive and understanding. Ask any question and offer your comments to other members posts. Hope you come often and glad your here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back