Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Arkansas
Does anyone feel like you are being jabbed with one single needle? It has happened all over my body but more often in my feet.

Very surprised to see your post.

I get these needle pains ; more often when i lay down to go to sleep. Also in the feet , sometimes ankle/shin...

At times the pain / poke is so sharp and sudden i jump like i was stabbed by a pin.

I wonder if there are others with similar issue.

That's exactly how it is for me too. I haven't been formerly diagnosed with fibro and this is just one of many symptoms that have me in total fear.

I have been suffering from depression on and off , mostly on for quite some time. Anxiety as well.

For as long as i can remember I've had aches and pains but always put it at the back of my mind trying not to acknowledge it thinking maybe thats just how i'm supposed to feel.

In more recent months I have been getting the pins / stabbing like yourself.

I asked my Dr why i get these pains all over ; constant soreness back tight shoulders... stiff everywhere , joints kill... I'm 99% sure it is dopamine related.

A few days ago my Dr told me 'May be fibro' ....

(It is interesting because before he said Fibro i had already thought this was a possibility through my own 'research' but never mentioned it to him for fear of 'suggesting' that may be what i have.)

I came home and told a few people.

I find myself dumbfounded, lost in thought without the words to describe exactly how i feel or what 'Fibro' is when they ask me. So far i told them simply it's complicated. Google it.

Simply telling others i'm in pain all the time or drained doesn't convey the gravity of issues this causes. It's easy for those whom have no compassion or knowedge on the matter to shrug your issues off and say toughen up or 'deal with it'...

Thanks Existing. I've been reluctant to come back and look at responses because of some people insisting we get mri's. I have severe health anxiety and I'm trying to trust my very compassionate dr that I don't need one. My recent worries are that I have a brain or spinal tumors. My dr said I would have other symptoms if it's brain. I've had back issues my whole life and my chiro has always told me to stop worrying about cancer and worry about my back. I'm also perimenopausel which I read can either cause fibro or mimic it. This doesn't help and my anxiety is so high that I wake up in the morning shaking as soon as I notice my feet and legs cramping. I've tried so many supplements and hydrating myself but my legs and feet always hurt when I lie down. I googled that and was convinced it's peripheral artery disease! Now I'm not sure of anything. Thanks for listening. I hope you feel better soon.

Hey Ozark,

Take everything one thought at a time. Analyze that thought for a moment and question it's validity.

I went through similar experiences with anxiety. I also was certain i had cancer. ( Twice now ).

It was as tormentful as you have been describing your experiences. I myself from the moment i woke up till i went to sleep

would dwell on the certainty i had cancer. Waking up crying and going to sleep crying. Cancer is a very real reality for me as both my father and grandparents uncle etc have passed on from that disease.

Changing your thought patterns , the negative ones we obsess over is the hardest part.

It helps to have company and keep yourself busy ; i often found myself 'detached' from the outside. I would wake up in the mornings and not open a curtain ; sit in front of the pc researching symptoms etc. This only adds to the problems.

I know the last thing you want to hear is think differently ; our perception of the world ; ones own 'reality; is of course relative. A by product of ones own endeavors, hardships, accomplishments and failures.

We do have the ability to alter our perception and our reality our relative views, outlooks and thoughts on both ourselves and the world we perceive around us.

It's re-conditioning the brain, the thought process and patterns we have instilled in ourselves that is the hardest part.

I am a pessimist by nature , always seeing the glass empty when in fact it has been half full all this time. And while i may talk with a sense of meaning at this moment nothing is to say i will not be pulled back into that thought cycle of negativity. It comes more often than it goes. ( the negative thoughts that is. )

I feel i do have somewhat of a better understanding over why i may be feeling the way i do at any given moment.

It is true ; change is not as easy as just 'flipping a switch'. But as i said we can recondition our brains , our perceptions to better enjoy life.

I found a problem i have had with anxiety is the snowball effect. A negative thought will enter my mind and from there i will obsess over it ; and it grows into a monster that consumes my every thought while awake. I.e get a sore throat ; think to myself ahh this is nothing to worry about... maybe an hour later i think to myself 'Hmmm damn throat is still sore'.. Lets google it.

Results: Possible cancer , possible cancer and more possible cancer...

Ok. I tell myself no way it's cancer and not to worry. Yet the 'possibility' it is cancer still lingers within my mind ; I do not even have to think about it actively. It is engrained within the dark recesses of my sub conscious and that plays a big role itself on how you perceive things or react to certain situations, information.

One thing i do notice is my anxiety / stress / depression gets much worse during the dark cold winter months. Probably my usual depression compounded by change in temperatures ; change in sunlight etc. ( SAD ; seasonal affective depression ).

Do you only suffer from anxiety only or depression as well?

I recently purchased a 'sun lamp' ; Therapy light... If daylight is something your body lacks I would suggest looking at purchasing one of them. As we know our bodies need the sunlight for vitamin D. This plays a HUGE roll on ones well being.

One thing i have also noticed is the importance of eating properly.

We must not forget our bodies/brains are highly complex machines. Like any machine it requires fuel to run ( food and water in our case ).

I often find myself whether it be for lack of interest / will or just not having an appetite that i abuse this need.

I can literally go for 5 days and eat maybe half a meal. This plays a huge impact on our mind and bodies ability to function correctly.

We deprive it of essential nutrients , vitamins and minerals and expect it to perform properly. A defeiciency in one vitamin / nutriuent can affect many internal functions our cells need to properly perform thier duties. Many of these nutrients and vitamins rely on one another.. So it isn't as easy as 'overdosing' on vitamin D pills one day to feel better, because The functions that vitamin D bring to the table may require some vitamin B as well for whatever cellular function or neural chemical transport that is needed.

A balanced diet ; feeding that machine the fuel it needs is an absolute must in order for it to function reliably. ( something i am still
working on. )

I know what i wrote may not seem like it is much in terms of advice. I can only relate as to how i feel and to what i have learned on this 20+ some years journey to understand why i feel and think the way i do.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Keep your head up.

Your gonna be OK! :)

Thank you so much for your words Existing. It's good to know we're not alone. I've suffered with anxiety and depression my whole life. It didn't start affecting my actual physical health until the health anxiety took hold of me. It started about a year after my first child was born and I was 41. I'm so terrified if abandoning my kids and worry about how hey will hurt if I'm gone. I went to therapy for almost 5 years but as soon as I stopped it just came back. I look back at all the health scares I put myself through and now 6 months into this pain that gets worse everyday, I'm feeling like the boy who cried wolf. I do believe the constant fight or flight state that I've been in for almost 10 has finally caught up with me. I still feel that it's irrational to think I have a brain or spinal tumor but that doesn't give me much comfort when I'm in so much pain I don't even want to decorate our Xmas tree.
I've never been apart from my kids for more than 5 days and on January 12th I'm going on a pilgrimage to south India. It will be 18 days of silent and chanting meditation at an ashram. I'm terrified but I'm hoping that it will shock my system into living in the present and ground me.
On top of being afraid of handling being away from my kids, now I'm worried that I will get there and won't be able to do the yoga or climb the temple steps. I've always been so strong so this fatigue is foreign to me and scary.
I have thought about a light to help me through the winter. I know it affects me. And I'm taking 5000iu of D3 a day plus b complex B6 and b12 injections. I usually eat well and juice often but since feeling so bad I haven't been on top of that like I should.
Everything you said makes sense. I will try and stay off Google and keep busy and eat better.
Thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back