DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
bear with me this is fibro related.
I was on another site before I found this much friendlier one.and I was talking about getting my puppy. Bear in mind I have a two year old so I'm up and about anyway.
And someone else told me out right I shouldn't own a dog.
A few more joined in and I though hold on a min fibro takes everything we got away why shouldn't I have a dog ,I've had them all my life .
His now 11 months old and get two walks aday if it wasn't for him some days I wouldn't walk at all.he also protects me when he hears anyone near the house.
Don't let anyone tell you what u can and can't do .what next don't have kids.
What ever it is u want to have or do ,if you can cope with it go for it.

Dogs are the best! I'm so glad you have a furry friend.

No dog, but my cats bring me joy and calm when days are difficult. Petting them helps me center myself for natural pain relief. Walking your dogs is a great way to get the exercise that is important with fibro.

Yep, get a lapdog if you can. Do research on what best fits your life style.

I love my dog but I feel sorry for her I the winter when I can't walk her because of the cold. But I let her out and love her to death she could have a much harder life.

Laine ,a lot of of ppl who can walk don't walk there dogs at all. So try not to beat yourself up ,if I didn't have jake I wouldn't go out at all. So for me even though today the last thing I wanna do is go out he won't let me forget it till I do lol. And I no il feel better for it.now my OH mum. Has a Staffie who never gets a walk there to old to walk her to me that's madness and very unfair on the dog.yes they have a very big garden but she is only six and sits around all day.u didn't ask for this illness and I bet in the nice weather she goes out.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back