Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2006
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Does anyone else have the feeling of being pulled by gravity and are your legs feeling extremely heavy?

My legs and arms always feel heavy, like I've got lead weights on them. The only part that feels really like gravity is my head. It is soooo hard to hold my head up. I'm actually thinking about getting a neck brace I could wear when I'm home because by the end of the day, I almost literally cannot hold my head up.

Yes, this symptom is worse when walking on hard floors or cement or very soft ground. But on firm dirt you can sometimes feel a bit of relief. I used to have this symptom more so when I was in Florida, with it's sandy soil. But I have found that if I avoid standing in one place on hard surfaces or walking on them like in stores or malls, I would have a bit of relief. If you use some of the heat rubs or cremes, or wear tighter fitting jeans that provide support to the upper thigh area it gives your legs more strength. If I wear lightweight airy slacks my legs totally give out on me. Baggy pants will make it worse.

Otherwise welcome to the forum. I hope you will visit often and ask lots of questions. See you around the forum. :)

I guess we all have different symptoms. My head often feels lightheaded and I almost feel that I am going to faint. Most days I can get around until that heaviness feeling sets in and then I need to sit down and rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back