Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I wasn't, not at all, but now I'm afraid I've gotten entirely too normal.
In my case, I got older, had those darn babies that make you want to be normal while you encourage their creativity. Then the grand babies roll in and you try to have fun; nothing but fun with grand kids!
Then maybe you are plowed over by something stupid like fibromyalgia and fun is harder to come by. You find nobody takes an interest in your pain, your symptoms, your small victories so you fade politely into the background. Absolute conformity.
But I'm gonna shake it off, starting right now. I still have things to offer...:cool:

I am right there with ya girlfriend. You could have been writing my story here. I'm letting this thing control me and I'm tired of it. I too will stand up and take part of my life back. I too still have lots to give my granddaughters. I so want them to know the real me. Kudos to both of us!

I am a bit more normal than some years ago but I'm just wayyy too nuts to be a true conformist.
I don't dress my age or act my age.
I chair dance and sing to Eminem and deadmou5 in the office. God help my colleagues if lady gaga or Katy Perry comes on the radio!
I play with bubbles in the sunshine and embarrass my daughter playing in the snow. She's only 23 and I'm 45..I can't understand her lack of fun from the simple things.
So no, I don't think I can say I'm a conformist.

Never. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer. I gave up meat and all animal by products. I'm now vegan. I walk to work instead of driving. Gave up alcohol and caffeine. It's nice to live as a progressive while everyone else is stuck in tradition and conformity.

I know what you mean, I often feel fibro and the other health issues I'm dealing with are taking over my life. It's kinda odd to think that my own body is my enemy... sometimes it feels that way, but I'm trying to find a true balance in my life. Things might get ugly in the future, but I'm really to come to terms with that and really start accepting the reality. This isn't going to be pretty, there are times I feel so scared, anxious and nervious, but I have no choice... I must go on! I really want to get my life back, and hopely I will :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back