Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
Au
State
Qld
Although I've had rumbles of this condition for ten years it has just dawned on me that in a few short months I have gone from this super capable person who prided herself on her ability to work hard ....... To a list of symptoms.
It just snuck up on me and is getting worse ! How the hell did that happen withou me noticing ? Can you swear on this forum ? Ba$:)rd

Welcome.oh yes it hangs about for a good few ppl. Then bang gotta.u no because u are used to pain sometimes a little niggle here or there u just don't notice.
U might hurt some and u think oh I've over do it today. U just don't join the dots.
We try not to swear as well everyone here would be ranting there heads off hehe. But pls feel free to join in the chat .u would be surprised how many ppl I've meet in here with the same story as u .

Hello MargM, good to meet you.

I are describing just how I've felt this summer as I've struggled to adapt. Well put!

It is so frustrating!

Coming here has helped though.

MargM, welcome to this forum. You are not alone, I've felt this way over this summer as well when my symptoms skyrocketed after living a go go go lifestyle for 2 years. I started a thread, My letter to fibro, it was my personal diatribe on fibro. Although I was sad to hear many had similar frustrations and struggles, it was comforting to read the responses that I was clearly not alone. I hope you read it and find some comfort in it. Sending you a gentle hug.

Lol,I just re-read what I wrote... That should read "You are describing..."

Sheesh! :oops:

OK will keep my cussin inside my head.
I guess I have to work out a new definition of ' self ' I find this "pace yourself" caper the biggest struggle though but I gather that is common by the number of times I have seen it mentioned

Hey there MargM! I could've written your post myself! I all of a sudden have a list that goes on!
I lol'd at you cussing and my fiancé says we would be best friends as I have a sailors mouth lol
I am sorry to hear that everything is just now getting to you!
If you ever need anything I'm just a click away
Soft hugs!

Here's a new one that actually had me laughing last night. Stabbing pain in my knees that had me doing a classic Monty Python "silly walk".
I've had to pull out of leading our Ukulele group feels like a significant loss.
There will Always be people worse off than me but I feel like it is stealing my fun stuff.

Hi, you know I think all of use feel a lose of a "life we had" and now the life we have. My life today, is a balancing act.
Do not overdue it, do not get too frustrated, do not stress out, must go to gym to work out a bit, must be in bed by 10pm, must take my meds at the proper time OR I am in pain. I manage pain, that is my life. Having fun is a luxury I don't have a lot of days for. Acceptance is the hardest part. Learning what you need to do to have good days is vital. or you have a lot of bad days. I love this forum because no one gives me that sideways look like you are out of your mind. People here get it where a lot of people right in front of you don't. Celebrate the good days, accept the bad days and hope that there are more good ones than bad.

I think PythonPlay3 described it well. Spontaneity is pretty much out. Plan for every day so you don't overdo it. One extra errand or chore seems like an insurmountable mountain to overcome. Sort of leaves out the fun. I do try to plan something ever week -dinner out or maybe a movie. It's important to try to have a life, not just survive. I think it is difficult for people around us to "see" that we are ill. We smile and chat and on the inside we are screaming with pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back