learning to use my body correctly allowed me to release the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh Blyth

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1978
Country
UK
State
UK
The following theory is based on my recovery from a life-time of pain:

Base-Line Theory of Human Health and Movement:
The Five Main Muscles of Movement and
Conscious Proproception.
The key to better health.

By Leigh S. Blyth BVM&S

Our main muscles of movement are the 5 paired (left and right side) muscles that are of key importance to our physical and mental well-being.

Our pelvic floor (actually a group of muscles), rectus abdominis, gluteus maximus, rectus femoris and trapezius muscles.

These 5 main muscles of movement (when fully utilised and the body is free of restrictions) provide:

The physical support required for a full range of natural movement and a balanced body.
Sensory feedback for our sense of conscious proprioception, connecting body and mind.
Conscious Proprioception:
"The ability to sense the position of your body in space and being aware of where you should be able to move."

Central to the main muscles of movement are our Base-Line muscles:  Pelvic floor 'Base' and rectus abdominis 'Line'.

All movement should originate from, and be supported by, the Base-Line muscles.   Our core pillar of strength.

The gluteus maximus and rectus femoris muscles of each leg work in tandem to connect our legs to Base-Line support.

The trapezius muscles should be free to fully extend in all directions, supporting the head and arms through a full range of movement.   With Base-Line suppport in place, movement of the upper body should begin from the lower (inferior) trapezius.

The position of the rest of the body should be considered relative to our Base-Line, with the linea alba (between the rectus abdominis) on the body's median plane serving as the primary reference for body alignment.

The supraspinous ligament and nuchal ligament (ligamentum nuchae), also on the median plane and closely associated with the trapezius muscles, are our secondary guides for alignment.

The anatomical structures on the median plane consist of strips of connective tissue that we have no direct control over, but by working with the associated main muscles of movement we can feel the relative positions of these structures, developing our conscious proprioception skills to work through tensions and regain our natural range of movement and sense of well-being.

I believe that many of the chronic pain symptoms and syndromes currently classified as idiopathic are due to the adaptations of the body when the main muscles of movement are not adequately functioning.   Stresses on other muscles and restrictions that form in the connective tissue system can cause varied and widespread painful symptoms.

Chronic pain affects our mental well-being, and was the root cause of my long-term depression and mental health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back