Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a bit of a blog already so I won't repeat it all here but in short I got a nasty cold and it's really knocked me off my feet. Hubby had to bring me home from work and I've been loafing on the sofa since.
Ihave enjoyed reading all your adventures though.
Almond milk is a recent addition to our household shopping list. I got so fed up of pouring rotten milk away I pretty much stopped buying it all together. Hubby got all fitness and nutrition mad( I think I mentioned before somewhere) and started using presidents choice organic unsweetened vanilla stuff. I very occasionally need just a tablespoon for my alpen and it was all we had in the house and now I like it better than cow milk. It takes forever to go bad so it's usually all used up before that ever happens and the price is similar anyway.

Good Day to You All!

hey twiztc, Sorry to hear your not feeling so good. Hope your cold clears up fast.

I was just so tired last night that I didn't get here before falling asleep. It was a long day of helping my mom with things she needed done, and as you know our energy levels don't last as long as they used too. I came home and sat down to rest and woke up, to late to get much done anywhere. Today, I stayed home all day. It was a good day for that as it poured down rain with lighting and thunder most of the day. It got so dark at 2 pm, I thought my clocks had stopped and that it was six o'clock instead. Then it cleared up for about an hour, and then poured some more. But I did get some cooking done and made a pot of blueberry tea, for iced tea.

Wanted to ask if any of you have trouble eating rice? I made some rice which I get hungry for and should know better by now, not to eat it unless it's in soup, because I always get it stuck in my throat. It gets caught up where the main swallowing event takes place, between breathing and swallowing. It does not go into my lungs, but clings in that area giving me a raw sore hurting choking feeling. I usually can cure it by eating soft bread, which seems to grab ahold of the rice grains on the way down. It worked today, but took sometime for me to feel like eating again. Have you ever experienced this?

Anyways, I will be here tomarrow again. Look forward to hearing from anyone wishing to join in. Bye! :)

Well I have spent most of my time since Monday afternoon asleep. Today I didn't get up till ten in the morning and was feeling a little more human and made the choice to not nap. I really need to get back to work. I did a little of it on my home PC even though it was my day off anyway.
To cheer myself and try to put a hustle on spring I bleached my hair back to my summertime blonde. Nice.
Like you Sweeds it was a dismal stormy day and I hear SNOW may come down tomorrow as it's not gonna get above freezing! WTF!
I AM SO SICK OF THE DAMN COLD
Time to try get to sleep, I really don't wanna feel all zombiefied for work.
Night peeps

twztc, Your not allow to say that word snow. We are having springtime weather here and I hope it hangs on for a few more days here. lol

Well yesterday, I got lazy and did not get here in time to write about my day. I stayed home and sorted through my books and stuff, all the while suffering from a pulled muscle in my shoulder. I have long hair which I wear in a ponytail. Every morning I brush my hair and pull it back into a ponytail and fasten it. Yesterday, just as I reached back to fasten my hair I had a horrible rippling pain across my back which made lifting my arms very hard to do. So I laid around most of the day watching the boob tube and doing nothing that would make it worse.

Today, it feels better, with a slight twinge now and then to remind me that is is there. I am now trying to sort through boxes of craft magazines and patterns, and find it hard to decide what to keep and what to let go of. I bet that is the same thing all crafters face. The hardest job in the world is cleaning your own house.

It was pouring down rain most of today and now at five o'clock the sun is finely shining. I hope whereever you are the sun is shining and the day is warm. It is 50 degrees here now. Bye for now! :)

It's been a busy couple of days here.

Yesterday I had my first (mental) therapy session - and the guy's just agog at the tales of my experiences with doctors. Thankfully he's assured me I can look forward to a complete lack of billing surprises from him :)

Before my appointment we decided to try a Moroccan place that showed up on the map. I looked into it and realized that Guy Fieri had eaten there. It was WONDERFUL. I had lamb tagine. It'd simmered so long that the lamb was fall-off-the-shank and the tendon had become soft and gelatinous. The spicing was YUM.

Today I probably pushed way, way too hard. We were supposed to go to the dentist but the dentist called and said the elevator was out. I can't physically do a couple of flights of stairs (they know I use a walker and/or cane, so very nice of them to have called!) so today ended up being just a play day.

First it was to Half Price books (I never made it more than 50 feet into the store since they're so very kind as to have planned the store especially for me with the medical, cooking and craft section at the front!), then to the garden center to pick up two kaffir lime plants (I managed not to wander and buy anything else, and the herbs are right near the entry). From there it was to the specialty grocery where (using the cart) we went and picked up different types of mushroom (oyster, shitaki, morels,) that will get saute'd with some spinach and possibly some onion. After that we went to the fish monger and got monkfish, which was on sale. That all got brought home and put in the fridge and then I went and got my first really good haircut in nearly 3 years.

My last haircut was at SuperCuts and was anything but Super. This woman took nearly an hour (and I was very, very thankful for the rest!) doing my hair and styled it and made sure every hair was in place. I think getting your hair washed is still the best part of a salon haircut! Mmm, wonderful scalp massage! The shop also sells wigs and I was quite taken with one of them and asked her if she could cut my hair like that. It looked almost exactly like the wig by time she was done (just a bit thinner thanks to the fibro and hypothyroidism). We went a little shorter in the back, also, and she used this thickening mousse that really seems to make a difference. I totally splurged and bought some :)

After the hair cut it was time to eat and we went out for Indian. With a full belly and overtaxed body, it was time to come home and crash for a nap! I can't believe I managed to do so much today. Whew. I'm probably going to pay for it for the next couple of days. Thankfully I did Diddly and Squat Tuesday, Wednesday and most of Thursday!

Things have not been to bad. Actually there has been alot of good and less bad. Things at my job are not great, but I did actually get a few more hours in then I have been in the past. I have some friends here who are true angels to me. They are helping me finance a used vechile. It is an older car but in descent shape. Thank God for this. The area where I live is very scattered and if you do not have a car you walk. The public transportation systems here are shotty and expensive. And there is no way I can walk and get very far. So this car for us is almost like winning the lotttery. This will greatly improve the quality of our lives. I just hope someday I can do something equally if not better for my friends. It makes me want to cry with joy!

That is my big news, everything else has been pretty normal and quiet. Unbelievably it is still snowing here. grrr, but that is ok it will make the summer that much more sweet when it gets here.

Hey SB nice on the hair cut and all those wonderful foods sound yummy.
LBG Glad you got yourself a runaround. It's so nice to have your own car.
Can't believe it's friggin snowing again! I'm so done with this shite. I want summer already.
Apart from that pretty much a case of nothing to see here.
I lead such an exiting life don't I.
I've still got the cold which is sapping me of what little strength I have so I been sleeping in the day a lot. Well half dozen napping. It's been pouring all day anyway and I'm still not up to continuing with my decorating project.
But tomorrow promises to be a bit nicer. A bit of sun is always more cheery.

Having a bad head day today, thats what I call the days I have the dreaded fibro fog. Luckly my daughter is visiting so she could drive me to the shops or it would have just had to wait. My partner is just out of hospital after having lung surgery so he isn't much help to me today either. Poor thing feels worse than me at the moment and thats saying something because I feel like crap. Thats my little winge fo rthe day. :) At least I don't have much pain today, I will take fibro fog over pain any day.
Hope everyone is have an ok day today, nice to have somewhere to have a windge. :)

Sula, If nothing else you made me really hungry describing all those yummy meals you had. Sounded really good and glad you had a good day out as well as getting a nice mental doctor to boot. I will be cheering for you in the background.
Geraldine, So nice of you to join us here. I hope your headache improves and you feel better soon. Hope your partner heals quickly from his surgery. Please feel free to keep sharing here if you like. :)
twiztc, Always good to hear from you even if that darn snow is getting you down. We have just had rain.

My day was slow but interesting. I am attempting to find new shoes so I windowed shopped online today. Everytime I find something I like it does not come in my size. I am now to two pairs of sneakers. Need to find something I could use as a dress up shoe, like nice loafers or slip-ons, but everything has tall heels and pointy toes. I like a low heel like a inch and square or rounded toes in my shoes. I will keep looking.

The day was cold in the 30 degree range, and a bit of a sharp wind. But I ventured out to visit a friend this afternoon and we talked about her trips to England and the cruise ships she has been on. I think it's wonderful that she can just pick up and go on these long tours and vacations. I don't really want to go that far from home, but short trips are fun to do.

Today I baked a blackberry pie and made a big pot of spagetti. The pie was good, but the crust was a bit off. I think I had it in the freezer to long. The spagetti is good. I added a bit of venison and sliced mushrooms to the sauce. Yum! Then had a nice salad too.
I have been working on my yard and overturned my small compost pile and found I can't use my glass clipping in compost, because it grows. I found masses of mats of grass clippings with fresh green shoots. So this summer the old goes out and the new will just be leaves and kitchen waste, and dried manure.

And my cleaning in the house is going slow. I am not finding the pattern books I have been searching for and I am trying to figure out where I put them. I have lots of plastic canvas magazines though. The search continues. The funny part is I don't have much stuff and so have no idea where they can be hiding.

Hope your days go well and if you feel inclined please share here. Bye:)

Hi everyone. Today I took my daughter to pick up her new car, well its an old one but new to her. Her first car as she is only 18. She is so happy with it and has just called me to say she is back on the sunshine coast where she lives and attends uni. She is now on her way to get 2 new tyres as the ones on it aren't very good. I feel so tired now as we had to go into brisbane city to pick it up but I don't mind, it was for a good cause.
Good day to you all and I hope you have a great day.

Today, was a really good day. I had to go for a doctor appointment in another town, so off I went with mom in tow. It took about two hours to get there as the traffic was slow today. I had to drive carefully because the car ahead of me kept going off the side of the road and I didn't know if the person was drunk or half- asleep, or talking on their cellphone and not watching the road. There was one spot on a curve that I thought the person was going to wreak their car as the car went completely off the road for a few minutes. I told my mom, that time was because there was a dip in the road that leaned the wrong way and going to fast and hitting it could cause it to throw your car.

I felt it as I went over it, but made it past it okay. Aways got to the doctor and had him check my leg eczema. He gave me yet another medication to try and said to use more moisture cream up to 5 times a day. This is going to be fun. I can see it now me getting nothing else done but lavishing cream on my leg all day. lol

Anyways, from there we went to get some lunch at the mall and then off to the shoe store, at the Shoe show store. I looked over the selections and tried on several pairs of shoes and found 3 pairs that were comfortable. Now I have a pair of dress shoes and two pair of casual shoes. This is good because I was down to one pair of beat-up sneakers, thus the term of all dressed up except for my shoes, really did apply.

Then we came home the long way through the country and it was so pretty. The spring flowers were blooming and it got up to 71 degrees today. We enjoyed our ride and it was nice to get back home. When we left this morning it was raining and when we down the road the sun was shining. Then as we got closer to home again, it was getting dark and dreary, and started pouring after we got home. It was a fun girls day out.

So now I am trying to finish writing this before I fall alseep on my keyboard. See you here tomarrow. Bye! :)

1sweed - glad to hear that you got your shoes. I can barely stand wearing shoes. I bit the bullet last month and bought myself a pair of REAL Birkenstocks. They aren't dressy, but they're comfortable as all get out, especially now that the foot bed has started to mold to my foot. I'm glad to hear that you got at least a little sun and some warm temperatures!

Geraldine - congrats to your daughter on the new car.

It's 3 am here and I just woke up. I think I went to bed around 10pm. I wish I'd slept longer, but likely I'll end up going down for a "nap" around 6am when my husband gets up. My blod sugar was somewhat on the low side (Only 82) so it's probably just as well that I woke up. That might even bee what woke me up, I'm not sure.

Yesterday I got one bathroom de-cluttered. People at our apartment complex have a habit of leaving some fairly nice stuff next to the dumpster when they no longer want it but think someone else might. At one point someone who was moving out left a big bin of cleaning supplies. Some of them I've used, others I've decided I never will (Like the bottle of pet spot & odor cleaner - my dog's not had an accident on the floor since we first got her that I can remember). So, I cleaned stuff out and put it back by the dumpster for someone else who might want it.

I cooked Ethiopian food for dinner. We had awaze tibs (lamb simmered in a spiced sauce with onions), red lentils with tomato paste and more onions, and spinach with, you guessed it, more onions! It's interesting in that all three dishes used ginger, garlic, berbere spice, salt and pepper and yet because they each used them in different proportions each dish tasted very distinct. I have decided that ginger paste and pre-minced garlic are a Godsend, though I may see if I can find garlic paste, it'd have been better in the spinach I think as the pre-minced isn't quite as small as I'd like.

There's just enough lamb left over (the piece I bought was just under 1 pound and had more bone than I realized) for my husband to take for lunch tomorrow. There's enough left over spinach for us to share and PLENTY of red lentils.

I'm cooking this way as part of trying out an anti-inflammatory diet. Apparently spicy foods are good for you, so we're rather pleased so far! My husband is also starting to take a more active role in helping me cook, stirring things when my arms get tired and asking how he can help. In the past I've tried to have dinner almost ready when he's gotten home, but today he called and said he was leaving early. I think I may start waiting until he actually gets home to cook dinner if he's wanting to help. It gives us time to chat while we're cooking, and him washing/rinsing things off as I cook rather than having a big pile of dishes at the end is quite nice and means post-meal cleanup is quick and easy.

Hi all. I've been a liitle quiet around here I know but I have in my spare time been desperately trying to finish a crochet skirt I have been working on for nearly two years.
It's a pattern of my own devising and I am trying to write the pattern out to.
It's close to finished, all I have to do is sew the lining and close the remaining seem.
I will attempt putting pics up but not sure how that works on this tablet thingy.
I have had a busy day with swimming shopping and doctor visit and now feeling a bit pooped.
So I shall go back to my TV and sewing. Goodnight peeps

Today, was a very busy day. I am sitting here at close to 7:00pm, typing and trying not to fall asleep, or trying to wake up might be a better word for it. This morning was filled with errands and rushing from one appointment to the next and home again to rest. But no there was another message on the answering machine and so I dashed out again. While up town I went three different places and got back to the car only to realize I had my spare key, but not the key with the clicker. I retraced my steps asking everyone did you find my keys? Nope, no one had seen or found them. I finally went home and of course found the key I was looking for right where I left it, that is unless it came home on it's own. lol
Always has to be something that ruins a beautiful day.

So to make myself feel better I watched a movie and had a milkshake. I really need to take a short nap before I keel over and land on my keyboard. It was a very warm nice day today and it shows the promise that Spring has arrived. I can hardly wait to start my garden. See you all later. :)

Today was a dreary, rainy day. No tornados though, our rivers are beginning to flood, which impacts farming, the primary "industry" here. Seems to me with rain, it's either feast or famine. Last year we were in a severe drought - but we still have a long ways to go. My pain is good, only the stabbing back pain. If I sit just right, it's not so bad. Stiffness not bad today at all, no headache, no zaps. I haven't even gotten out of pj's, but I did some picking-up and straightening around the house. I have been in the process of vacuuming for a couple of hours now! Hope you all have had a blessed day. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back