Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
PA
Hi Everyone - I was diagnosed with RA ( rheumatoid arthritis ) 3.5 years ago and the Fibo climbed on for the ride. Lol
As with most of you, it took a year to diagnose, I've gone from stiffness in my hands and feet to barely able to function some days.
At the moment I'm going through the gamut of trying to find a combination of meds that will work for me - unfortunately I'm one of those lucky people who are sensitive to a lot of them.
So I have to fine something to bring the RA to a halt and a medicine that will help me sleep because of the Fibo.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a new infusion for the RA, so wish me luck! I've read some of your posts and understand how coworkers or family don't understand the pain, fatigue , and frustration we go through - luckily I have 2 friends who are dealing with this as well - but others don't get it because it's hard to relate to.
Best to all - Capecod

Hi Capecod, wecome and glad to meet you.

I've found this to be a supportive and informative place; I hope you do too.

I think you hit it right on the nail about these chronic conditions being difficult to relate to. I'm glad to hear you have friends to support you. Hopefully the infusion goes well and helps you,

Thanks DK engineer,

The infusion went fine, I was given a cocktail of a steroid, Benadryl , and Tyenol before had, the whole process took 6 hours. The only side effect I had was from the steroid which kept me up till 3:30 last evening! I get another infusion in 2 weeks and then not again for another 4 months.
Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back