Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
MI
:roll::roll: I recently had a flare up that had my body ballooning. I was told FM doesn't present itself that way but that's beside the point. The point is the "ballooning" is pretty much over, almost nonexistent. I got that shot of steroids about a week ago and thankfully my joints have been very happy and the inflammation is 94% gone to my estimation.
Anyway, during the last big inflammation, I got a sore on the left side of my tongue. I took Valacylovir for a couple of days, then again with a day in between. Things started healing. The treatment was over. A day later I develop a nasty little sore on the right side of my tongue. I figure Ive been biting it in my sleep since my teeth have shifted again (Oh yeah, I may have forgot to mention I've had TMJ since about 1987). It turned out that it was another sore that had developed on the side of my tongue in perfect alignment of my teeth. This morning I discovered a blood blister on the roof of my mouth behind my front tooth. I know my tongue rests there when I sleep and I have dry mouth...sometimes. Could it be from that?:cry: My mouth was in so much pain I didn't even realize where exactly it was coming from until I started putting small dabs of Anebesol where I thought it hurt. I eventually found it and looked at it in a magnified mirror. I had my husband check it out too. Yep, its a big blood blister alright.
Well, of course my dentist was closed. It felt smooth but after eating dinner, I feel a flap of thin skin. yuck! So anyway, thank you for listening and if you've had mouth sores like these, I would love to hear about your experience and if anything helps.

Hi Cheryl ann.....i hope you can get to the dentist today. We have been exchanging about mouth problems tmj etc.....sometimes i think the dry mouth means there is too much bacteria how ever good our oral hygene and i have had the feeling that where ever my tongue rests a sore gum starts. I have only had blood blisters if i have bitten my lip and salt water rinse is my go to little helper as its a natural product.

I googled Valacylovir after you told me about it. It's an anti viral for the herpes virus...is your dentist sure you have the virus in your system?

I hope you get some advice and answers soon. Wish i could help more.

Hi Willow,
Yes, he knows its the herpes virus. When you get a canker sore or cold sore, those are caused by herpes.
I got to see the dentist today and he said it looks like a large burn and asked if I had taken a bite of hot pizza or something like that. I couldn't remember but talked to my husband about it. He said we did have pizza on Monday night but we had both been busy when it was pulled out of the oven and so didn't get eaten until it was cooled off pretty well. So that wasn't it. We went through the menus up to Tuesday morning. still?

So the dentist is sending me to an oral surgeon to have him look at it. It looks like a huge blood blister to my husband and I. My appt is tomorrow afternoon.

Besides going to the dentist, check side effects from any meds your on. Cymbalta , lyrica, and amnitriptolane can cause dry mouth. I had extreme dry mouth for 5 months, I was forced to drop lyrica, because I was out and my dr at that time quite,so my official app. Was cancelled and I couldn't get it. I was fine, Cymbalta was next. For me I felt groggy tired gain ed 30 lbs. Not everyone's the same, some in the forum have done Just fine. So follow what works for you. Sorry you feeling bad. Take all the meds your on with you.

Hi Moe,
Thank you for your supportive words. My newest med is Celebrex. I am on Cymbalta too though and medical marijuana. All 3 can give you dry mouth. For the Celebrex, its "less common or rare". For the mmj, it depends on the strain. For Cymbalta, its the second side effect listed!
Ahhh... well, its good to know where the dry mouth comes from. Is your mouth always dry? Mine is not always dry but when I woke up Tuesday morning my tongue felt like it was cemented to the roof of my mouth. lol yuck!

On another note, it seems most every prescription drug I take causes drowsiness, fatigue or sleepiness. Sometimes information for the same drug will state that it can cause difficulty sleeping and insomnia too! What? Are you drug companies just coverin' your big ol' behinds?

Blessings and Soft Hugs :)

Good Luck at the oral surgeon Cheryl Ann. Even though its not the main issue i do hate all the mouth problems....wouldn't it be nice if just one but of us was unaffected.

I have dry mouth all the time now and only have cocodamol and a bit of valium when i can't sleep but both have dry mouth as a common side affect..plus stress of being in pain etc causes dry mouth too

I wake up most days with tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth these last few months...it is yukky.

Let us know how you get on and what treatment or advice you get.

Besides going to the dentist, check side effects from any meds your on. Cymbalta , lyrica, and amnitriptolane can cause dry mouth. I had extreme dry mouth for 5 months, I was forced to drop lyrica, because I was out and my dr at that time quite,so my official app. Was cancelled and I couldn't get it. I was fine, Cymbalta was next. For me I felt groggy tired gain ed 30 lbs. Not everyone's the same, some in the forum have done Just fine. So follow what works for you. Sorry you feeling bad. Take all the meds your on with you.

Moe, did you stop the Lyrica cold turkey? I might have read your post wrong. I have been reading that Lyrica withdrawals are very hard on people who stop cold turkey.

HI,
I saw the dentist yesterday who sent me to see the oral surgeon today. The oral surgeon took an x-ray. What he found on it is a dark area on the root of one of my bicuspids. He said that it meant that for some reason the root of my tooth is decaying. My tooth is not discolored or loose (?s the os asked) and for the umpteenth time, "NO, I DID NOT TAKE A BITE OF HOT PIZZA ON MONDAY NIGHT, THEREBY, BURNING THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH!"

The Oral Surgeon said he was sending me back to my dentist with a copy of his notes and the x-ray. He figures my dentist will have to pull my tooth.
I think I'll get some black wax and stick it on that tooth or space and have some fun with it.

LOL Life's short!

Frightening teeth can decay with no signs. You seem to keep your sense of humour...well done!

Yeah Willow,
That seems weird doesn't it? I'm not sure if I believe the guy. Its not discolored and its not loose, yet the root is rotting. I want my dentist to take an x-ray or I will get another oral surgeon's opinion.

Thanks, I'm tryin! :D

Sometimes if you hit a tooth an abscess can form on the root and there is no outward sign.

I had an abscess on a near front tooth when i was only 14 probably caused by a sports injury. There were no visible signs either just had to go home from school with severe tooth ache.

They did a root canal and the tooth lasted about 12 years but eventually the infection broke out in the root and surronding bone and i had a little op called an apicoectomy to try and save the tooth that still looked fine. Despite being in good health that failed too.

When i was about 29 i had to have the tooth out and a bridge made.

Maybe they can save your tooth with a root canal done by a skilled dentist...or maybe the oral surgeon thinks it has a crack or severe infection that isn't treatable that means the tooth can't be saved?

GOOd LUCK

Willow you are such a sweet person. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I've never heard of anything like that. Sharing your story helps to make it less scary.

Any news on the tooth Cheryl Ann?

Cheryl Ann, you may have to take acyclovir on a daily basis to get over the herpetic lesions. Unfortunately they do come back, even after weeks of taking pills (for me, it's up to four a day to get over the infection), but it's prophylactic treatment to keep those buggers away. And it works. But who wants to continue to take pills when the threat is over? Not me! But when I stop with the daily treatment I eventually get another, but mine are on the outside of my lips or nose. I've learned to start acyclovir immediately when I feel a tingle, itch, or have any infection. Starting meds at the first sign of outbreak helps incredibly. Hope all went well with the tooth. God Bless and Soft Hugs.

Cheryl Ann, you may have to take acyclovir on a daily basis to get over the herpetic lesions. Unfortunately they do come back, even after weeks of taking pills (for me, it's up to four a day to get over the infection), but it's prophylactic treatment to keep those buggers away. And it works. But who wants to continue to take pills when the threat is over? Not me! But when I stop with the daily treatment I eventually get another, but mine are on the outside of my lips or nose. I've learned to start acyclovir immediately when I feel a tingle, itch, or have any infection. Starting meds at the first sign of outbreak helps incredibly. Hope all went well with the tooth. God Bless and Soft Hugs.
LucyJane, The thought of taking just one of those monster-sized pills every single day is nauseating. Lol. I take 8 gargantuan pills even day already but eventually you do what you have to bc if you don't each time there's a flare-up it's worse than the last.
LucyJane and Willow,
Thank you for asking after me. Okay you already know that the oral surgeon said my dentist may want to pull it. I spoke with a dental technician today and she said the dentist will want me to come in to get an x-ray taken at his office since the copy the IS sent him looked like a bad xerox copy. I go next Monday., I think... my calendar is on my phone which I am using right now. lol

I hope everyone is having a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back