If You Wrote a Book, would it Be a Biography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a novel about growing up in this messed up country (USA). I think that everyone has a solid novel in them. Too bad that people hardly read at all nowadays. I admit, I don't read fiction like I used to unless you count the news...ha-ha. I would write about the lack of opportunity in a capitalist system, the injustice of the wealth gap and the lack of hope that young people have today.

You sound exactly like my grandson! Personally, I am thankful I live in this nation where I am allowed to vote--the people of Cuba would love to vote--and where I am allowed to be what I can be! I am very patriotic but that is a thing that might evolve with age because I had days where I ran the streets of Madison Wisconsin in protest of the Vietnam War (conflict). Now I wish to sing my protests in the rotunda of the capitol but they will arrest you for it! So be it!
There is much to protest these days, I agree. Injustice is prevalent in every facet of our lives. Speak out! Have your say and then work to correct the injustice, the unfairness that so bothers you!

I do write books but they would not interest most. They are mostly romances but they are books I have written using my own imagination and creativity. It is not a matter of sin, suffer, and repent anymore although I would not expect a Pulitzer for any one of them! Not making any money yet but I am quite impressed to have written three, maybe four books!

Would anyone write their own biography as a choose your own adventure style of book? The reader could compare his answer to the answer that you actually made and if they made the same as yours then they would proceed to the next "real" part of your life.

I would love to write a crochet pattern book. Still trying to work on the patterns though

Cool idea, maybe submit it somewhere! Wish I could suggest where. My biography would make dull reading indeed!Perhaps someone else furnishing the ending would be better?!

Amazon do a great publishing scheme where it can be an E-book too for all the app users. If I ever get around to it that where I will publish.

i just had a message that my post had to be approved by the mods!? never had that before

yet that last one went straight up!
my first post dont show! :((
bummer

Twistc; I had it happen and quite honestly, I was mortified! I thought I was going along quite nicely but I was apparently off-topic quite a bit. I am working on that becasue the way I talk is off-topic, for the most part.
The topic is: would your book be an autobiography? I would not make an interesting autobiography at all. But I could never write a do-it-yourself book like a book on crocheting patterns, either. No special skills or talents. What I write has to come from imagination or from something I grab from the atmosphere somehow.

Just to explain about the posting and it being approved by mods. It generally happens when you mention any other online site. It seems that the system wants to be sure your not adding links or advertising. I used to get them all the time and it bugged me as well. So don't worry about it as your posts will show up sooner or later. I guess it is sort of a safety catch-all for the forum. :)

I write books but I have no interest in writing an autobiography. I would so much rather write fiction. Not knocking anyone who does write autobiographies, I've read some incredible life stories. But writing for me is like having an adventure and I'm already living the 'adventure' of my life. I do get jealous of my characters sometimes though. They are always pain free and they can run upstairs or dance without a second thought.

Hello,
Yes it would be biography because whatever i experienced in my life and sweet and bitter memories....

There are a few snippets in my life that would make a good read, but those were long ago. The last 20 years would put people to sleep. I would disguise it as a novel, add some embellishments so I could have some fun with it. Now there's a project for those sub zero days....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back