DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1990
Country
US
State
FL
Hi,
I'm in Sarasota, Fl, but originally from Iowa. Been is Sarasota 5 years now. I see there's another new member from Sarasota also.
I'm 55 and was told I have fibro back in my mid twenties. No treatment or anything given or suggested at that time. For many years the symptoms where manageable and not that severe.
The last 18 months have been pure misery most of the time. I think the overwhelming fatigue is worse then the body aches and stiffness. Sometimes things are good. Maybe for a week if I'm lucky.
This past spring my GP did a full blood work up and then sent me to rheumatologist who was suppose to be best around. He said he doesn't treat fibro and gave me prednisone which made me feel great for about two weeks.
0h, my GP tried me on celexa or cymbalta... I get the names confused and I had an xtreme adverse reaction. Even hallucinated.
Three weeks ago I started on what is the worst flare ever. Went from feeling really good for a while to crashed in one day. I had a flu shot day before and wonder whether that triggered it.
I just can't do anything. So exhausted and aches. Feel so sick in general. I have never felt like this for weeks on end.
Saw my GP's nurse practitioner yesterday and she sent me for a ton of lab work. Even checking for Lyme disease. She said she does think it's fibro though. Labor should be back in Monday.
She gave me a prescription for amytrypoline(sp). 10mg.
I'm very hesitant to take it after reading side effects and that it can cause weight gain and that the dosage eventually keeps going up as you get used to it.
I've been working hard at losing weight and have lost 23 pounds since July.
I'm sitting in my couch feeling so horrible that tears are just rolling down my face.
I feel so sorry for my husband. I have a strong faith and that keeps me going.
Anyway, hello everyone.

Hi Whispercalm ....my heart goes out to you as this illness is indeed so brutal.The amitryptiline does zonk you out to start with and best to take it at night as its main purpose for fibro is to aid deeper resorative sleep that is meant to help reduce pain and also to block the pain signals.

For me it doesnt help pain but i know for others it does reduce it. As far as weight gain I am not sure it would pile on at this low dosage as its main purpose is as an anti depressant but the dosage for depression is from 100-150mg per day upwards.

I dont think the dosage for fibro unlessyou are being treated for depression to ever goes up to that amount.

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time and i too feel for my partner and the impact on his life too...but we arent to blame for being sick although we all feel kind of responsible for the impact on our loved ones lives.

Let us know what your results say....maybe its not fibro at all and it maybe the cause is highly treatable...take care of yourself .

I just wanted to say I hope you are feeling much better this week. I feel for you. I am new, so no advice, just support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back