Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Hi. New member. Can anyone speak specifically to knee pain. I have an arthritic right knee, but for the past month I have had new pain very specific to the inner aspects of my knees. The right is very bad. Have been on cymbalta for many years. Tylenol arthritic strength and motrin offer minimal relief. I wonder if knee pain is one of the "hot spots" of fibro that I am just beginning to experience. Thanks.

Hello!

Im 19, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 14 and my knees have been a constant bother. The upper inside of the knee is a fibromyalgia tender point, i experience this pain as well. One thing that i have tried is K tape, which is an athletic tape and i find that if done properly it holds the knee in a way that they hurt less. I also try rotating heat and cold, which helps to stimulate blood flow and bring down any inflammation. My left knee and left big toe were really hurting me and i brought this up to my chiropractor, who realigned the knee and my pain in the knee has been quite a bit less since. I don't know if you believe in chiropractors but, my chiropractor is great and he has helped to relive a lot of my pain through adjustment, so i recommend to give it a try.

Also, stretching, physiotherapy and massage may be of help to you!

Good luck!

Hi Gramakathy5,

Welcome, I do experience bilateral knee pain from my Fibromyalgia.As always my pains migrate throughout my body.Most of the time it's an aching and continuous pain toward the bottom of my knee cap.It will sometimes cause me to limp due to the pain and can feel like arthritis at times.

Sometimes I'll use a heated bean bag that my mom gave me.It works great! I put it in the microwave for a few seconds and apply it to my knees,and it really helps.Or you can go the cold route and use an ice compress.Sometimes if u have swelling the cold compress can be better.

I also use cream to help with pain relief.

I also bought knee supports or apply ace wraps for support. If you apply the ace wraps, it's always good to apply them from bottom to top to help your circulation.It also keeps your swelling at bay, if you have any.

I rarely have any swelling when I experience my knee pain. And I try to elevate and rest my legs as much as I can until the pain subsides.

Sorry your having this pain. We never know where fibromyalgia will end up next,but it always seem to change. Unfortunately the knees are one of Fibromyalgia favorite spots.Hopefully your pain will decrease soon.

Feel better

Sagey

I Think you should opt for water therapy treatment.

Hi,

Yes unfortunately I experience severe knee pain especially while I'm working at my desk. I also had meniscus repair and plica removal four years ago which causes debilitating pain in my left knee. I can't really use ice because it's like a shock to my system and makes my pain worse due to the cold. I usually use heat and wear a knee brace with the kneecap cutout. I haven't been to PT in a few months because I'm like a zombie once I get home from work not to mention the copay of going 2-3 times per week. Ointments don't help me at all. I tend to limp when it's at it's worse. I basically just fight through the excruciating pain since nothing including meds eases the pain. I guess this is something I'm going to have to fight through until they find something that truly works. I wish you all the best !!!

Soft hugs ��

Im struggling too with severe knee pain..my left makes me limp often and now the right has joined too..i am going to try a support and Sagey thanks i just googled an ace wrap. Do you wear the ace wrap for the day and take it off for the night?

My pain is inner knee but also from the tendons that insert at the top and bottom..the whole area seizes up and pain spreads down the shin and upper leg muscles as well as through the joint too.

Also Sabrina what does a knee readjustment feel like...i have never seem a chiro and am very nervous as a severe fibro sufferer.

Im struggling too with severe knee pain..my left makes me limp often and now the right has joined too..i am going to try a support and Sagey thanks i just googled an ace wrap. Do you wear the ace wrap for the day and take it off for the night?

My pain is inner knee but also from the tendons that insert at the top and bottom..the whole area seizes up and pain spreads down the shin and upper leg muscles as well as through the joint too.

Also Sabrina what does a knee readjustment feel like...i have never seem a chiro and am very nervous as a severe fibro sufferer.

Thanks for your reply! Im sorry that your knees are causing you so much trouble. I haven't tried a wrap, but i have tried K tape in the past.

I recommend trying to find a good chiropractor! I had seen one a couple years ago and all she did was push on my feet and use the clicker, i saw her quite a bit for a couple weeks and noticed little to no difference. I was refered to my new chiropractor by a lady from my church. One of the biggest difference is that he actually used his hands to adjust me and after my first visit i felt like i could walk norma; for the first time in years because my hips were so out of wack. One thing that he told me was to stay away from chiropractors who only use the clicker, because they are to scared to actually adjust you.He does use the clicker sometimes, to make certain adjustments.

I wouldn't worry to much, i would just say to do your research about a chiropractor beforehand and ask your friends if they know of a good one!

Teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back