Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Just was reading an interesting article about” chemogenetics”
Scientist in the University of Oxford in the UK have been developing a protein That when placed in the experimentally damaged nerve cells of mice , decreased the nerve conductivity there by decreasing pain.

The Protein is then activated by a non toxic drug called Ivermectin.The engineered protein was able to help to relieve chronic pain in mice.Theyre hoping that they can use this process on damaged nerves in humans.

“It allows you to control activity in neurons, hopefully in a rapid and reversible fashion,” Bennett says. The particular protein they used in the study, called GluCl, can interfere with the generation of electrical signals, dampening the communication between nerve cells.

As in any experiments there were side effects of sensory hyperactivity, like sensitive to cold and touch.But they are still working on it and hopefully they can get to the point where the side effects are minimal.More time is needed.

A. Researcher from University of Pennsylvania says, chemogentics has clear potential pontential in the treatment of pain in humans.

Since Fibromyalgia involves pain,any research on decreasing that is promising for us.

Sagey

Thank you Sagey for info I'll defiantly be looking in to that! :-D

As the person who suffering lots of sensory dysfuction I'll be interesting in waiting to see how they gets the effects down enough to be unnoticeable.

I've been expanding and trying a lots of new things lately as far as chronic pains goes, many of them seem to have lots of good effects . There're so many options now I just have to find one that agree with my stomach.

But as far as horrific sensories, heavy chronic fatigue , and foggy brain goes so far nothing seem to have much of possitive progressed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back