norleanslady

Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
LA
Hi,

I am a 52 year old woman, diagnosed 6 years ago with fibro, but think I've had it for a long time. I became very ill, had to have back surgery, then throat surgery, then got mono, and could no longer work! I was very depressed and in so much pain... then my husband decided to trade me in for a younger model. Out of work, no income, no more husband and my daughters rejected me because I had a nervous breakdown and try to commit suicide.

I've come a long way since that day a year and a half ago. Jesus saved me and continues to be my source of love and strength. I am no longer on antidepressants but I do take Lyrica and Cymbalta. Learning to live with changes to my diet and supplements, but relying on God! :)

I'm so sorry to hear your story, but I'm also proud that from the sounds of it, you've risen up and not let any of these hardships get you down forever. That's what life's all about. Good for you!

How long have you been on Lyrica and how do you find it? I've heard the side effects can be pretty nasty, is this true?

I haven't noticed any side effects and I've been on Lyrica for at least 4 years. I think some of the things that are listed as side effects are just part of the disease.

Oh my gosh, you have had quite a time of it and somehow with the love of the Lord behind you pulled through. I am so happy that your still here and that you found this forum. The struggles of illness and losing a husband, has had to be the hardest thing you ever had to go through. And yet, by his mercy, your fighting to keep going and hold your own and I am proud of you. I hope you will join in on the forum and voice your opinions and thoughts, and feel free to rant a bit. I have not taken the medications you are on because I am allergic to everything. But I am glad they work for you with no side affects. I am looking forward to seeing your name around the forum and learning more about you through your posts. I hope you had a really good day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back