Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
Hi everyone,
I'm currently taking a semester off from my university due to what my doctor suspects to be fibromyalgia pains as we just recently ruled out brain structure abnormalities with a CT scan (with and without contrast) and my blood work was normal besides a positive ANA test. I have a followup on Monday with him for our next course of action- which I'm guessing he's going to talk to me more in depth about fibromyalgia. I'm currently taking two community college classes (second semester ochem and bio) and working 20-35 hours per week at a vet clinic. I'm failing my classes and just feeling overwhelmed because I need at least a B to be able to return to my university. Luckily my dean said not to stress too much and to just retake the courses and that I'll be fine. I still can't believe I'm doing so poorly but I'm in so much pain, discomfort, and suffer from severe "fibro-fog" that this has been a very difficult time for me. I just want my life to be back to where it was- kicking butt in my classes and feeling good about myself along with enjoying life.

Welcome to the forum Neko. I sympathize with your situation as I too had problems with fibro fog while taking accounting classes a year ago. This was before my fibro diagnosis and I was very scared by my inability to grasp new concepts. Since being diagnosed I have noticed that poor quality of sleep greatly affects my ability to read and comprehend new topics so I have made getting plenty of rest my number one priority. There are great suggestions on dealing with pain and fatigue in this forum that could help you cope better. I hope you are feeling more like yourself soon.

Thank you for the reply! Another issue is that I've been sleeping way too much. I'll continue to read more posts for tips!

Welcome! Your situation is certainly rough, and I'm sorry for all the stress it is putting you through. I had to quit my job because of my health, so I understand why you're taking a semester off. Take everything one step at a time, get a ton a rest, and don't feel guilty about spending so much time on your own personal needs and struggles. This forum is really helpful, and I'm glad you're here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back