Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
My name is Kim and I'm a 58-year old college professor. I was diagnosed in 1998 at Mayo Clinic and have other chronic conditions as well as fibro (Meniere's disease, herniated discs in neck, GERD, heart arrhythmia.) I teach from home 100% online. I still have to drag myself on campus a couple of day a week and this is an effort.

I live with my Toy Fox Terrier, Ace.

Hi Kim! Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you had to seek us out, but really glad you found us! I see you've been diagnosed for a long time! Maybe you can share with us different ways you've learned to cope and the things that have helped you feel better or helped make the pain more tolerable! Personally, I was diagnosed almost a year ago, but have had pain/symptoms for about 2 and a half - 4 years, as I was in two bad car accidents a year and a half apart during 2010 and 2011... The first accident caused some issues, while the 2nd accident totally did me in, causing new issues and adding to the old...
I think you'll find the forum very helpful, I know I have! I've been on here just over a year now, and I love it! Take a look through the old and new posts, as you'll find tons of information, lots of tips and tricks on ways to feel better, and there's even a section for venting which is great and totally a judgement free zone! Everyone here is extremely helpful, knowledgeable, caring, and really nice! Don't be shy! And I hope to see you around the forum!
And your dog, ace, has to be a cutie! I have 3 cats, Pedro, peanut, and Bailey. Well Pedro is mine and the other 2 are my parents... And we have a dog, Mojo, who we were told is a Boxer dalmatian mix, but I think he's a dogo Argentina maybe.. I want to do the DNA testing on him to find out because I'm really curious to find out what he really is!...
Best wishes and gentle hugs!
-Katie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back