Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
NL
State
Gelderland
Just a few minutes ago I also made a post in the section for people who recently got diagnosed, but I feel it's proper etiquette if I would take a moment to introduce myself.
I'm Esther from the Netherlands and I recently turned 37. I'm married, we have one daughter and two lazy cats.
My field of work is 3D modeler and making other arts such as illustrations.

I got my final diagnose of fibromyalgia near the end of 2015 and I feel like I am now adrift between medications, pain and also a bit of fear. The worst pain I usually experience when I get cold, so I don't like being away from home. My sleep cycle is very disturbed and I have celiacs. All of that is, as I've been told, all possibly connected to fibromyalgia.
Since a few weeks I also do mindfulness because I got a depression. Being in pain sucks and not being able to go to the park with my family breaks my heart.
I am hoping to connect to people with which I can share my bad and good days and actually having someone understanding as what I'm going through. Also, I would love to exchange tips on how to deal with this and perhaps we can teach each other new tips and tricks to get by.

Thanks for having me and cheers from the Netherlands!

Hi Estroyer. Welcome. Thank you for the introduction it is always nice to know al little about someone. That being said, I'm just skimming over me...I've been ill for 20 years dealing with BAD medical professionals that rolled their eyes and prescribed mor antidepressants/sent me to shrinks! A new undeniable condition sent me to an ENT who referred me to a ruemotologist that promptly informed me I had @severe" fibromyalgia. When I went back to my pcp he snickerd and told me "that's a trash can diagnosis" ! I'm 51, I have one child left at home, he will be 19 next month and has been a as much of a challenge as a blessing. I'm praying several times day h'll grow out of this before he lands in prison or worse. I just came off of a couple of months of crippling pain, so I've learned some good tips that work for me. Hubby and I have been married 20 years, he's one of my two bff's!
So that's enough about me and I'm not great at etiquette anymore so I did good to get at that! Lol
My best top on this sight is to move over to the general division and post, for some reason people forget to come to the new member thread.
Hope to c more most from you soon and welcome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back