Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
FL
I've been on gabapentin since June, currently taking 600mg/day. It's (mostly) managing my pain (on good days I have virtually no pain), which makes me happy. But right after I started taking it, I gained almost 10 pounds, and I can't seem to break through the plateau I'm at right now to go back to losing weight. I have 12-17 pounds to lose to hit my goal range, and I'm just stuck.

I've been doing some reading and found that weight gain is common, so I'm interested in any tips or tricks you've found that have helped you lose weight while on gabapentin. I have virtually no appetite, so it's not a portion size issue, and due to sensitivities, I'm already eating a mostly veggie diet, so it's not that i'm eating junkie food. I know I don't exercise as much as I should, but I'm slowly increasing my walking each day, and I'm trying to do gentle yoga at least three times a week.

I could really use your insights!

You live in Florida? Are you need a pool or beach? I'd love to take a walk on some white sand. Lol.
Seriously though, I gained 20 lbs on Gabapentin. I'm sad to say I haven't lost the weight, but.... I haven't tried starving myself yet.
The tough part of Fibro, is........pain. and stamina. I can't exersize like I use to. I'm also menopausal which is a challenge of its own. Hang in there, let me know if you find something that helps you.

Hi there. I know how you feel about the gaining weight. I had finally reached my goal. When the dr. increased my dosage I started putting the weight back on. I'm currently taking 300mg Gabapentin 4 times a day. I can honestly say that the only thing it has helped me with is my headaches. I use my neighbors pool for some exercise. It helps.
I know that we all plateau when we lose weight. Our bodies have to adjust to the new weight and then you can start to lose weight again. :)
Gentle hugs to you

Well the best way I have found,is to tape my mouth up.i no taking this pill makes me more hungry .
I've stopped caring about my weight.dont get me wrong,I'm not going to get like a balloon.but I'm sick of trying to look good for what.i don't go out,I dont see ppl.i don't drink or smoke.food is my drug I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back