Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
OH
I just recently got diagnosed with RA was wondering if anyone has this in addition to Fibromyalgia and what they take for it. My doctor has recommended methotrexate, however I have some concerns about the side effects and was curious to see what my other options are.

I have been on a health board and talking to many with RA and what they do. My neighbor did the drugs for about a year and is trying to recover from the side effects. I don't know what to say here anymore, as some of my comments are deleted, by whom I don't know. I just spent time talking to a member and my comments are gone.

I've talked to a lot with RA and MOST I believe take the big drugs...and many side effects. Don't know if the big drugs are really vital.

My neighbor did a few of the drugs for about a year and she came off them and trying to get her hair back, she lost a lot of hair.

She's working with flaxseed and omega 3 oils and some other supps and cleaning up her diet.

It's a tough disease and I know a group who take the abx therapy...low dose abx for a long course...they are on the roadback group.

Last night while going to sleep, a doc was on the radio preaching about going gluten free, there is so much going on NOW with this issue and he was talking about people improving with RA, Lupus, sclerderma and other auto immune diseases.

I've gone off a lot of gluten and never bring any breads in my house now going on 6-7 yrs ...a long while...I don't want or need breads....wheats and grains are big inflammatory contributors...

There are a couple good books out there today: The Grain Brain and Wheat Belly.

The methotrexate is an old drug and many take it, I'm sure you read the possible side effects. The biologics are the newest class of RA drugs...Presnisone is used a lot too.

Hope I've helped some and let us know how you are doing. Sorry to hear about this diagnosed....I deal with narley OA which is bad enough and manage it all with supps and ibuprofen.

My gf who deals with CFS had her levels checked and they were not high, she does not have pain for the most part, a horrible malaise and body crashing episodes.

But, her sister was diagnosed with RA last year and her sis's Fibrinogen levels were very high...but now the doc is doing tests for Lyme and with Lyme, Fibrinogen can be elevated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back