Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I received a letter from SS wanting me to go see a psychiatrist one last time before a determination is made. Should I take this as a good sign or a bad sign?

It's not unusual for SSA to send a disability applicant to one of their appointed drs. for physical and mental examinations.

Did SSA previously send you to their psychiatrist earlier in the application process? If not, it sounds like the judge is just doing a thorough job of gathering information about your case before making his decision.

What does your lawyer say?

Since there seems to be few active members posting replies to your ssdi threads, It might be a good idea to post this question on a SS disability forum.

Take care.

Krista,
Yes, ss sent me to see two of their docs, a regular dr. and a psychiatrist. But this was early on in the initial stages of my application.

It might be a good idea to post this question on a SS disability forum.

Highly recommend "SS Disability Facts Forum". Many experienced and knowledgeable forum members there.

Peace.

Hi Krista,
The very last Physician I was required to see before SS approval was an appointment to a Psychiatrist. I remember her asking me to count backwards from 100 and I had lots of trouble due to CF and I started crying. I believe it was about two months later and I was notified that I was approved for SS. I think it's a good sign!

Hi Krista,
The very last Physician I was required to see before SS approval was an appointment to a Psychiatrist....I believe it was about two months later and I was notified that I was approved for SS. I think it's a good sign!

Hi gaiden,

At what stage in the application process were you sent for the mental consultative exam (CE)? Was it before or after a hearing?

Were you requested by SSA to go for a mental CE twice?

Congratulations on your approval!

It is neither, hopefully you have a doctor in your corner.I had a decent experience with "their" doctor,he was friendly, hopeful, and not disrespectful.Good luck, go for sure, lay it out on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back