Not open for further replies.

Blastor

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
OH
Hi! I just started taking Savello yesterday and I'm wondering if anyone else is on it. Any crazy side effects? How long have you been on it? Is it working for you? I'm also taking tramadol and gabapentin which I'm not even sure if they're doing much anymore. Thanks!

Hi there Blastor! I'm not taking Savella, but my sister was. Apparently she didn't get the results she expected, but that's maybe because she doesn't only suffer from fibro; she also happens to suffer from spine issues. Ever since her last surgery she is in a lot more pain! Last time I checked she was taking a tramadol combo (can't remember the name of the other medication). All I know is that she takes a lot pain meds, more than I do! I felt tempted to try Savella, but it seems this medication comes with a lot side effects. Here are some I could find online:

More common

Blurred vision
body aches or pain
chills
cough
difficulty with breathing
dizziness
ear congestion
fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
fear or nervousness
fever
headache
increased sweating
loss of voice
nasal congestion
pounding in the ears
runny nose
slow or fast heartbeat
sneezing
sore throat
unusual tiredness or weakness

Less common

Back pain
burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
chest discomfort
chest pain
chills
decrease in frequency of urination
decrease in urine volume
difficult or painful urination
difficulty in passing urine (dribbling)
frequent urination
groin pain
muscle aches
pain or burning with urination
shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
shortness of breath
swollen, tender prostate
tightness in the chest
wheezing

Rare

Bladder pain
bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
bloody or cloudy urine
bruise
discouragement
fall
feeling sad or empty
frequent urge to urinate
full or bloated feeling
heartburn
increased or decreased weight
irritability
lack of appetite
loss of interest or pleasure
lower back or side pain
pressure in the stomach
rapid weight gain
swelling of the abdominal or stomach area
tingling of the hands or feet
tiredness
trouble concentrating
trouble sleeping
unusual weight gain or loss
vomiting

Incidence not known

Agitation
black, tarry stools
bleeding gums
blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
blood in the urine or stools
coma
confusion as to time, place, or person
convulsions
dark-colored urine
decreased urine output
diarrhea
difficulty with swallowing
general tiredness and weakness
high fever
holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by fact
increased sweating
increased thirst
itching
joint or muscle pain
light-colored stools
loss of balance control
loss of consciousness
mask-like face
muscle cramps or spasms
muscle pain or stiffness
overactive reflexes
pinpoint red spots on the skin
poor coordination
red irritated eyes
red skin lesions, often with a purple center
restlessness
seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
seizures
severe muscle stiffness
shuffling walk
slowed movements
slurred speech
sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
stiffness of the arms and legs
sweating
swelling of the face, ankles, fingers, or lower legs
swollen glands
talking or acting with excitement you cannot control
tic-like (jerky) movements of the head, face, mouth, and neck
tiredness
trembling and shaking of the fingers and hands
twitching
unusual bleeding or bruising
unusual excitement, nervousness, or restlessness
unusually pale skin
upper right abdominal pain
weight gain
yellow eyes and skin

By the way... this isn't even the complete list of potential side effects! This only lists the side effects that should make you worried enough to go see your doctor inmediately. I didn't want to post the complete list because it would take a lot space! I hope this post was helpful :)

I tried savella...... Horrible medication. It gave me an upset stomach/ nausea and terrible terrible terrible stomach aches/pains........ I started the titration pack and those side effects started immediately with the first pill and continued for a few weeks until I couldn't take it anymore and called my Dr.... He had me stop taking it for 2 weeks, and then start up again on the lowest dose of certain a day, which still gave me the same side effects right away yet again. I hated the stomach pains and nausea it was awful. And it did nothing for my pain btw.....

Trellum... thank you for that! Omg! I think those side effects are worse than or the same as having fibro!

I tried savella...... Horrible medication. It gave me an upset stomach/ nausea and terrible terrible terrible stomach aches/pains........ I started the titration pack and those side effects started immediately with the first pill and continued for a few weeks until I couldn't take it anymore and called my Dr.... He had me stop taking it for 2 weeks, and then start up again on the lowest dose of certain a day, which still gave me the same side effects right away yet again. I hated the stomach pains and nausea it was awful. And it did nothing for my pain btw.....
I have also had nausea for a couple days and wondered if Savella could be the cause. I hope it goes away soon, but if not I have an appt in 10 days. Thanks for the feedback! :)

No problem. :) hopefully it subsides and works well for you!

Trellum... thank you for that! Omg! I think those side effects are worse than or the same as having fibro!

You're welcome, actually the list was longer :p I only pasted the symptoms that should make you run see your doctor if you ever experience them, but yeah... I had NEVER seen so many side effects linked to a single medication!

Everyone,

Here is an article that many of you will probably be shocked with.
In short, the article is about a clinical trial for combining Valycyclovir w/ Celebrex because the Chief Scientist truly believes that most FM sufferers are being affected by the Herpes virus (1 and/or 2). I have been dealing with 35+ symptoms over the past 6 months, and roughly 5 of them still linger and persist. Some of the other symptoms come and go. I swear by this, but the only thing that was providing adequate therapy was Valtrex, only because I had a suspicion from the very start that all of these problems started almost immediately after my primary Herpes outbreak. Here is a very "simplified" list of most of the symptoms that I have experienced:

Appetite loss, malaise after workouts, insomnia, throat obstruction, dry mouth, inflammation in conjunctiva, heat flashes, abdomen pains, short term memory loss, temperature intolerance (being in 70 deg weather felt like being in 90 deg; being in 45 deg weather felt like being in freezing weather), sensitivity to light and sound, "moving" headaches, "moving" facial aches, muffled hearing, ringing in ears, nausea, joint pain, eyeball pain and swelling, early sensation when concentrating (similar to what u feel when someone scratches chalkboard, body twitchy movements, laryngitis, sleep disturbances, severe asthma, "nerve" pain, difficulty swallowing, difficulty of food going down to stomach.

I am 35, 6'0 185 lbs. I used to be an x-training junkie (think Cross-fit and p90x), basketball, healthy eater (Jack in the Box once a month was the worst thing I would do), occasional alcohol drinker, book-smart guy with programming abilities, very fast cognition, "direction" person, never took antibiotics, never had surgery, don't have Lyme Disease (never went out of my hometown for over 2.5 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back