Not open for further replies.

Witchelli

Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
VA
Hi, I'm new here and looking for help in coping with a newly diagnosed Fibromyalgia. I have also been diagnosed with IBS, Ulcers, Diverticulosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and cardiac arrhythmias. Am I leaving anything out? I don't know, but as you can see I'm a hot mess! This severe cold snap has me in pain all day every day. The whole deal, joints, muscle cramping and weakness, costochondritis (sp?) and on and on. I have no idea what to take for relief! Tylenol doesn't cut it, NSAIDS are a no-no because of all the digestive troubles and I'm not a big fan of narcotics...anyone have any ideas? My kids think I'm nuts and over exaggerating, I've always had a fairly high tolerance for pain, but this is getting on my last workable nerve! I need help from someone who knows from whence I speak! :!: Thanx for listening to my rant.

Re: Newbie

Have you tried using something topical? I use a really good oil that is marketed as a really strong pain reliever. It's named ''Tei fu'' and it has even helped me with the stomach aches caused by my IBS (due swelling mostly). It's amazing! I also suffer from ulcers, IBS and colitis... so taking a lot meds isn't an option for me either. Have you tried the alternative route?

Thanx for your reply! No I haven't tried any alternative treatments although I am not opposed to them. Where would I find this oil? Would it be in a health food type store?

Hi, I'm new here and looking for help in coping with a newly diagnosed Fibromyalgia. I have also been diagnosed with IBS, Ulcers, Diverticulosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and cardiac arrhythmias. Am I leaving anything out? I don't know, but as you can see I'm a hot mess! This severe cold snap has me in pain all day every day. The whole deal, joints, muscle cramping and weakness, costochondritis (sp?) and on and on. I have no idea what to take for relief! Tylenol doesn't cut it, NSAIDS are a no-no because of all the digestive troubles and I'm not a big fan of narcotics...anyone have any ideas? My kids think I'm nuts and over exaggerating, I've always had a fairly high tolerance for pain, but this is getting on my last workable nerve! I need help from someone who knows from whence I speak! :!: Thanx for listening to my rant.

I suggest you talk with your doctor, first. I say this because you want any and all treatments recorded in your medical file so that, should you have to take the pain medications you can currently avoid, there is a record of what you have already tried, and what the results were, written by your regular physician.

One of the major problems people face with chronic conditions is the doctor's unwillingness to opt for aggressive, and effective, pain management. You build a case for aggressive treatment with the documentation found in your medical record.

Be sure that your doctor documents any and all of your attempts at managing your condition, by making those notes in your medical file!

Thanx for the advice. I do make sure I keep my Docs updated on anything I do (all of them). As I work for most of them (I used to be a nurse and now own a medical billing/coding and collections company so most of my docs are also clients ) I have complete access to all my files and I make sure they each have copies of any SOAP notes, test results and other info. As I'm sure you know, with medicine being so specialized now, Drs sometimes do not keep up with each other regarding communication concerning mutual patients. My biggest issue is my PCP and Rheumatologist. The Spec believe in aggressive and alternative treatments for many conditions, my PCP doesn't. Its hard to get them to see eye to eye sometimes. Heck my Neuro still doesn't believe Fibro exists, so it can be a pain (no pun intended)getting any straight forward advice from any of them. That's the main reason I'm here, so as to speak with people actually going through it. I appreciate your help and will definitely keep up the communication with my Docs. :)

Thanx for your reply! No I haven't tried any alternative treatments although I am not opposed to them. Where would I find this oil? Would it be in a health food type store?

You can find it at any of the Nature Sunshine's distribution centres. Just google that, and you should find the web site. You might be able to order online :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back