Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
CA
State
BC
I have FM just like my mother did. I have many skin/food allergies and I am very hypersensitive. I have been taking gabapentin since 2012 for nerve problems that started after my hall bladder was removed. Right after that the arthritis in my back and neck got much worse and I started having severe stenosis problems in my neck and lumbar region of my back. I've had steroid injections and mor recently radio frequency ablations in which they fry/kill the nerves to help with the pain. I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I have painful flare ups in which I get what looks to be a lupus like rash ( Dr referred me to a rheumy-but was denied-numbers were not bad enough) and my wrists, fingers and toes swell up with some form of arthritis-symmetrical over 20 joints easily-referred again by Dr thinking it looks like rheumatoid arthritis-again denied since no positive RF in my blood). Both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis run in family on my mother's side. Never knew my birth father so not sure about that side. I have had a positive speckled ANA but it changes. My CRP is up if I don't avoid my allergens but not extreme enough to get a rheumy appt here in Canada-we are very short on rheumy's. It feels like all my toes are broken when I walk. I am currently teaching full time-often in severe pain so I can afford treatments/health costs. With all this going on how can I tell what is what? This flare has continued since November with no let up. Not sure what I can do. I have upcoming dermatogist and neurologist appts. Any advice? Oh yes, I live in a rural town-4 hours from next town with only GPs available. I already belong to a pain clinic because of my severe stenosis.

So have u been told it's fibro.?. Sure sounds like it.a flare is so diffrent for everyone. In general when your settled ie pain levels stay the same. A flare normally knocks you on the ass.worse then what's normal for you.
Are u on any pain killers it take tramadol and paracetamol , and amiptripoline at night for nerve pain.

I'm not on any painkillers for fibromyalgia. The only thing I take is two extra strength Tylenol in the morning and two extra strength Tylenol in the evening. For my bad back and neck in which I have severe stenosis I do take a painkiller. It's called tapentadol. I am also on gabapentin 300 300 and 400 every day to help with the nerve problems I have since I had a surgery.

I forgot, I do take Cyclobenzaprine each evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back