Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my outlet right now is watching anime. Most animes have really funny scenes and jokes, those are the ones I like to watch the most! I feel so well and so relaxed, even if the anime isn't that funny... just being able to scape for a bit from this reality by watching this is just... so good! This never happens when I watch your average TV show. For some reason the anime has everything I need to feel relaxed and at ease...

One more Humor from my side.
"A joke is a very serious thing."
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That's why I like to watch B movies. Just love some good mindless entertainment from time to time.

George carlin. Lewis CK, Robin Williams, Eddie Izzard come to mind. Autocorrect fails. My husband.

my father had me going this x-mas with his hand held gas sounds (fart) maker. although i think it gave him more pleasure seeing me laugh so hard.

You know, I really like to just go through youtube and choose random stand up routines. I love to laugh. It makes me feel good, so yes, I believe it is good medicine. Another option, is to just to to jokes websites. I randomly just read the jokes there. I think it's a good way to start the day, enjoy your life, and get your mood set on a good track for the day. I saw a previous poster mentioned gaming. For me? gaming actually works to take pain away. A good game, where you can get immersed in the environment? It helps, and helps a lot.

If you ask me, laughter, eating healthy, exercising, and keeping your stress levels down, is the key to staying healthy imo. I've read alot of heath articles over the last 3 months and doing these 4 things seem to be a constant theme in how to stay healthy.

I like to watch romantic comedies and situation comedies. I used to love the Jeffersons...that would really help my pain. My husband and I tell each other man in the house jokes....such as there was a man in a house, there were no doors no windows, no nothing. "How did he get out. He broke out in a sweat".........ha ha ha ha ha we would make them up and laugh hysterically.

Yes laughing is great medicine. I remember reading several years ago that there were a group of monks who would every morning for ten minutes stand and make funny faces and funny poses facing each other. They would all crack up and start laughing, so hard that they would belly laugh. They did this every morning for 10 minutes. They all were very healthy from this and all lived to be in their 90's. I have read that laughing boosts the immune system and also exercises your organs...so yes keep laughing, especially a good "belly laugh"..

Laughter is the best medicine as I've always heard. I've found out that by smiling more often, and, trying to focus on the positive side of things, life will be better. My pain control seems to be less when I'm happier, and, have a positive look out on life. I try to take one day at a time, and, live with the joy, and laughter that children have when they are playing, and overall just happy. I do feel in less pain when I feel this way.

I am a pretty avid reader and for me I find that I get the best laughs out of something that I read. However, I will admit that when I am having a particularly bad day, I will find a sit com and watch that for some laughs.

Laughter is the best medicine as I've always heard. I've found out that by smiling more often, and, trying to focus on the positive side of things, life will be better. My pain control seems to be less when I'm happier, and, have a positive look out on life. I try to take one day at a time, and, live with the joy, and laughter that children have when they are playing, and overall just happy. I do feel in less pain when I feel this way.

I agree 100% Jenny Heart. Smiling and thinking positive always makes me feel better. You are what your mind thinks.
If you think about about negative stuff, then you will feel down and a lot more stressful, then if you were to think about things that make you smile and happy.

It's mind over matter if you ask me. Either that or I listen to too much Tony Robbins :p

Regardless, I always seem to be less stressed when I watch a good movie that's a comedy or when I block out all the negative thoughts that creep into my mind throughout the course of a day.

Laughter does seem to have a great affect on my mood also. I tend to watch animated films such as Shrek and Frozen. They really lighten my mood and keep me happy. I also like to watch comedies with my friends who are just funny themselves.

It is so good to be able to laugh. I remember getting really sick as a child and the only thing that could truly cheer me up was watching my favorite comedy and just laughing out loud. It helps to take your mind off of the sad and hard things that we are going through. It is a true testimate to your character that you can still see the good in things, even when life is so hard. You must have a positive mindset, which can help us so much when we are going through hard times. I allow myself to laugh as much as I possibly can.

I completely agree with you, Jenny! It can be very hard or very easy depending on the person and the current situation of that person, but it actually shouldn't be so hard. I try to smile and be as positive as possible, always trying to have a good time! Actually if you do try to focus on the positive and try to really ignore the negative things can go really well :) It has worked for me so I totally believe you!

Laughter does seem to have a great affect on my mood also. I tend to watch animated films such as Shrek and Frozen. They really lighten my mood and keep me happy. I also like to watch comedies with my friends who are just funny themselves.

Same here, Crystal! I love watching animated films as well, I like them because they make me laugh and also offer the comfort I need after a long day. Sometimes all you need is just sit back and enjoy a simple animated movie something simple enough and nice. That's a really nice mix, so far only the animated movies can offer me that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back