Not open for further replies.

Whyfor

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
About six months ago, after taking a nice walk, my lower back suddenly went out for the very first time. I was in terrible pain, and nearly had to crawl home. And from that day on, it just seemed to happen more and more frequently, until I was finally at the point where the back pain was pretty much constant. I went in to my doctor, and she suggested I try strengthening my core with a few exercises, and after about 2 months, my level of improvement has been pretty nominal.

So I was wondering if anyone else here with Fibromyalgia experiences chronic lower back pain. How do you deal with it?

I do, my most affected area is actually my back. I think my pain is even worse when I'm close to or having my period. For some reason my lower back and thighs hurt during that time. I also suffer from frequent UTIs, I was told that pain could also be a symptom of that. In general back pain is like the norm for me, I've learnt to deal with them tho.

I have lower back pain every day and night. It is difficult to deal with. Stretching helps some. Do you take any meds for this?

I had lower back pain for 4 years that I equated to child labor. And, I'm not making that up. I had cortisone shots in my spine and to my surprise I was in more pain that before the shots. I did not think it was possible to be in more pain. How I got rid of the constant back pain is to rid my body of inflammation. I did that by going in a gluten free, sugar free, grain free, nut free diet. And, it worked. It took about a year for the inflammation to subside, but the pain got better right away. I suggest a food allergy panel to see what foods your system is being aggravated by. Don't let your doctor tell you to go on an elimination diet. We suffer enough without having to go through that crap. Find a doc who will do one for you. Then, eliminate those foods. I wish you much luck and pain free days!

I have lower back pain every day and night. It is difficult to deal with. Stretching helps some. Do you take any meds for this?

I have a bit of Norco that I take when it goes out, which allows me to go lay down and hopefully let the back re-align before the pain reliever wears off. I take it is infrequently as possible since I fear addiction pretty terribly.

Diamondgirl said:
I had lower back pain for 4 years that I equated to child labor. And, I'm not making that up. I had cortisone shots in my spine and to my surprise I was in more pain that before the shots. I did not think it was possible to be in more pain. How I got rid of the constant back pain is to rid my body of inflammation. I did that by going in a gluten free, sugar free, grain free, nut free diet. And, it worked. It took about a year for the inflammation to subside, but the pain got better right away. I suggest a food allergy panel to see what foods your system is being aggravated by. Don't let your doctor tell you to go on an elimination diet. We suffer enough without having to go through that crap. Find a doc who will do one for you. Then, eliminate those foods. I wish you much luck and pain free days!

I do already live soy free because of a soy intolerance that I recently developed, and a few years back, I actually did live completely gluten free for about two years due to a suggestion by my doctor. Some of my inflammation did improve over that time, but unfortunately, as we are now much lower income than we were, being gluten free is very hard (especially when you are accepting from food banks). But I do appreciate the feed back!

Thank you all for your input! It's really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back