Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
I just came across this site when I was looking for information about fibro. Trying to find help in my area. I think I'm on my way out of a flare (I hope). I was just diagnosed a year ago, but have suffered for about 20 years. My family doctor doesn't recognize fibro. I am finding it getting much worse as I age. I am 58. I think the hardest part is acceptance. I've always been a busy person who would keep going no matter how bad the pain got, until the job was done. Now I can't do it and I feel guilty and lazy. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up feeling like my old self, but that hasn't happened. I am blessed with an amazing husband of 32 years. Glad to be here!

Hi Sunny.... and welcome to the forum! It's an awesome place for information and ideas and if you look back over past threads, you'll find there's soooo much valuable information and very supportive members.

I've heard many people say that acceptance is the hardest part, yes. :cry:

Huge congrats on the 32 years! You're right... it's quite a blessing to have a supportive spouse in your corner. Have you found that he accepts the fibro and tries to do what he can to help? I wasn't aware of how rare that actually is until I started reading some of the posts here.

He has always been so helpful and now he goes that extra mile. He shows interest in learning more and we have great conversations. I am truly blessed and feel so bad for the people who don't have that support. We have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren. One of my daughters has been amazing and totally understanding. It's hard to make people understand if they are not interested in learning more. Today, I'm feeling much better and hope I'm coming out of that 3 week flare. I am alone most if the time as my husband drives truck, but it allows me the quiet time to rest or do whatever I want. Thank you for the warm welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back