Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
US
State
NM
I have had FMS for many years. I was diagnosed in 2003 but have had symptoms since I was in my 20s, I am now 60. I'm in constant pain and have headaches daily. Went to Mayo's last week about possible surgery on my spine in my neck but the neurologist stated that it wouldn't help my particular pain. I'm trying to get into their headache clinic and to see a local pain doctor. I'm lonely and depressed and also have to care for elderly parents and a daughter with a mental illness. Just want to see if I can learn any new coping tools and suggestions from other dealing with FMS and let you all know that I understand how difficult it is to live like this.

Hi Rochwall, I too have a daughter with a mental illness. It is very difficult to take care of yourself when you have to care for others. With mental illness you can't have the boundaries that you really need to take care of yourself. I am trying to set boundaries with everyone else. Having a chronic (and invisible) illness does make you lonely and depressed. I hope this forum will help you with that loneliness. It's nice to know that someone else in the world really gets it.

The feeling of loneliness is truly an issue, especially if you were a social person. I'm seriously thinking about starting a support group in my area. For myself not helping financially is a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back