Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/1994
Country
US
State
TX
Hello, my name is Kat and I am from Texas. I am nearly 32 years old and cannot remember a life without some sort of daily pain or ache. I was first diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome when I was around 11 years old. The official fibromyalgia diagnosis came much later though the doctors said I probably had it all along. I have a variety of other diagnosis, some that often go hand in hand with fibromyalgia, TMJ, neuropathy in the arms/legs, plantar fasciitis, OCD, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and probably several other things I am forgetting at the moment. I also have kidney stones at the moment.

I am on medication and have a new PCP since my previous PCP just left the network. I work full time, thought I have FMLA coverage to protect my job when the fatigue or pain are too much and I have to call in. I also have a 4 year old daughter.

My mother and grandmother (both passed in 2014) had fibromyalgia, my mother also had Multiple Sclerosis.

I have been having flare ups a lot lately and I'm hoping that finding others who can somewhat understand the pain, utter exhaustion and the internal struggle can help me find an outlet for some of this stress and help me find some relief or at least help me feel not so alone in my pain.

Hello Kat, welcome. I'm sorry you lost 2 loved ones last year, that must have been very hard. You've found a good place for both venting and camaraderie; I've found people here to be very understanding and supportive. Please feel welcome to ask questions, share information and so forth.

Welcome. As DK has said there's lots of lovely ppl here who do understand what your saying .my little ones three so I no how tired you feel. As well as guilty for not being super mum .

32 yrs young? I THINK I HAVE HAD ALL THE FIBRO SYMPTOMS THAT ARE SHARED AS A WEE GIRL. ONLY NOT TO BAD. FOR ME, WHEN. I FIRST WAS DIAGNOSED, AND BTW, I DON'T KNOW IF THE (VISITING) DR WHO I SAW FOR 10 MIN SAID "OH WELL YOU HAVE FIBROMIALGIA " I WALKED OUT OF THE OFFICE DAISED AND CONFUSED . HE DID NOT INFORM ME AS TO WHAT THE HELL IT WAS, NOTHING, KEEP IN MIND THIS CLINIC ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE US ARE UNDER STRICT PROTOCOLS FROM THE FDA, AND OPIOTS. I WENT THROUGH 2 YRS OF HELL, NOT GETTING THE HELP I NEEDED. I WONDER SOMETIMES IF SOME OF US ARE BEING TRICKED TO BELEAVE THAT IT'S FIBRO, THAT WAY THEY DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE FEAR OF LOOSE ING THEIR LICENCE. IT'S REALLY SAD THAT BECAUSE PEOPLE , ABUSED, SOLD, SNORTED, SLAMED, OPIOTS THAT THOSE WHO (REALLY) NEED IT, SUFFER. IT'S NOT RIGHT.
IM REALLY THANKFUL TO THIS FORUM. LETTING ME VENT.I CAN'T. OR WON'T SAY THAT DIRTY WORD FIBROMIALGIA, TO MY FAMILY, SO IT REALLY IS NICE TO HAVE A PLACE TO VENT.

HERE'S A COUPLE THINGS I DID TO HELP MYSELF, FOR HOUSEKEEPING, WHEN I CAN, I'M ON MY OWN THERE. A COUPLE TOOLS,
1 A BROOM WITH A FREE STANDING DUST PAN.
2 A SCRUBBER WITH EXTENSION HANDLE TO CLEAN BATHROOM.
3 A MOP AND BUCKET THAT SWIRLS EXTRA WATER OUT OF THE MOPHEAD. I FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND BOUGHT ONE, IT'S WORTH IT. I HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN SO BENDING IS THE PITTS.
FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BAD RANGE OF MOTION, THESE TOOLS ARE A GOD SEND.
4 DISHES.....I HAVE MINE BOWL,PLATE, KNIFE FORK SPOON. I TOLD MY FAMILY, TO EACH IS OWN, IF THE SINK PILES UP, AT LEAST I KNOW THERE NOT MINE. I'M NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN TO MY FAMILY, I JUST WANT TO SAVE WHATEVER ENERGY I HAVE ON OTHER THINGS.
LIKE WATCHING MY GRANDKIDS, DISHES ARE ON THE 50TH LEAST CHOR OVER THOSE SWEET BABIES. GOD BLESS, AND DELIVER US ALL.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, 2014 was very hard emotional - in additional to losing my grandmother and mother I also lost a friend and my mothers oldest brother to suicide. I have spent a very long time grieving and didn't even realize how depressed and disconnected I was becoming. Thankfully I have been able to start moving forward again and focus on seeking joy in my life.

Moe1959 - Yes, the standing dustpan is a must for me! I should look into getting the mop bucket.

It took me about 4 hours just to clean my living room today because I had to move slowly to not over exert myself. It was a nice little victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back