DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Hello All,
Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to try IV Vitamin Therapy when I went to San Diego. My PCP had mentioned this therapy before and after traveling and getting extremely exhausted I called and made an appointment. I was able to speak to a very knowledgeable Dr she went over my medical records and I received an IV with Vitamin C, B Complex, Glutathione, Tramadol and electrolytes. I also received a B 12 Shot. This helped me with my energy ( or lack of) and pain. The rest of my time in San Diego was great. I felt like myself! I was able to go for a long walk at the beach with my husband, shop and just enjoy myself. I was still mindful of overdoing and got plenty of rest but this was definitely something I will add to my tools for dealing with this. Do some research for yourself and look for a naturopath even your physician can help with this. This therapy is given to people who have cancer. The cost can be tricky I just paid cash and it is expensive. Mine ran about $ 400.00 total. I will do this quarterly it was definitely worth it. Should you ha e any questions please ask away. I hope someone finds this helpful.
Sylvia

Thanks for sharing. I take B6, B12, Magnesium Oxide, D3 and 5-HTP everyday. I buy them at the store, no prescription needed. They really helped my pain and my Fibro Fog. Good luck!

hi sylvie, thank you for sharing! i've been wanting to try this approach as well but the cost is definitely a hindrance. quick question - how long did the affects of the iv therapy last for you?

Great post, Sylvia. It sounds along the lines of chelation therapy but different. In chelation therapy they use EDTA (ethylene diamine tetracetic acid) to "claw" the heavy metals from the patient's system. Some use it as part of their cancer regimen. It can be costly, as it needs to be prescribed by a doctor and administered by an IV-certified nurse, so they have to be paid. I'm not sure how much the actual stuff costs them. An ex of mine tried it. The first visit was ok, one or two of the subsequent visits it burned like heck, but that passed. All in all, he said it was worth it and went back for another round another year. It seemed to boost his energy level and improve flexibility.

Thanks for sharing @Sylvie10. This is definitely something I would do if I were able to financially. I believe a lot of my issues have to do with deficiencies in both vitamins and minerals. You mentioned wanting to do this on a quarterly basis. Do you have any idea how long the effects will last? Are you still experiencing the benefits?

Thanks Silvie 10 for sharing this with us. The information you have shared with us will heal alot of sufferers psychologically and this is where therapy starts. Knowing that there is something out there that can boost the vim of a depressed patient is tranquilizing by itself the cost aspect not withstanding. This can be handled by exploiting avenues which petition for free or affordable medical care. I would also throw a gauntlet to the rest of us to research on alternatives to this therapy and or how it can be made universal. Best regards.

Thanks for sharing this, Silvia. That sounds like a really interesting vitamin combo! I'm sure this will help others, who knows maybe this has the same effects on them, but yeah, the price tag is a bit hefty. That is the only downside, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back